What's new

Warmed up to 43* mid-morning...... 18K was waiting in the dry sand

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :hello:

10A.M. Hank says "Hon, better not go detecting today...too cold."

Now, my friends, ....you have to know that statement fell on deaf ears :laughing7:

Off to my favorite old beach went I.

Hunted 2 hrs. in dry sand at high tide...sun was shining; no wind.

Found all but the ring during the 2 hrs. On my way back to the car , still swinging that coil I picked up a strong , solid mid-low tone, and in the first scoop the ring showed up...probably about 5 inches deep.

No karat stamping, but tested 18 K with Mizer gold test kit.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1170.webp
    DSCF1170.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,603
  • DSCF1174.webp
    DSCF1174.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,601
  • DSCF1164.webp
    DSCF1164.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,627
  • DSCF1168.webp
    DSCF1168.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,626
  • DSCF1165.webp
    DSCF1165.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,650
  • DSCF1183.webp
    DSCF1183.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,649
Upvote 0
Nice find, Lorraine. Congratulations!!
 
Very nice Lorraine!! I have yet to find 18K! I did find that titanium band with a diamond mounted in 18K, but that doesn't count :wink:

Best of luck on your next hunt and I wish I could send you some of this 80 degree FL weather we've been having 8)

Aaron
 
Yaya ! :icon_thumleft:,, nice gold ring ! Even in the cold ! it makes the day that much better.. Here in FL we are having a very mild winter.. I think highs for the week are right at 70.. We need a few freezes to kill the dern mosquitoes !
 
AdamBuchanan said:
Yaya ! :icon_thumleft:,, nice gold ring ! Even in the cold ! it makes the day that much better.. Here in FL we are having a very mild winter.. I think highs for the week are right at 70.. We need a few freezes to kill the dern mosquitoes !

I'll send some of this weather down to you to help get rid of the "skeeters" 8)

Lorraine
 
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
Nice little ring. European hallmarks are sometimes on the outside of the shank.

Thank you for the info, VWandstudebaker. This is the first ring I have found with the hallmark on the outside. I'm trying to track down the country...hallmark is so tiny...it is difficult to make it out.

Lorraine
 
Nice way to finish the days hunt!
 
love the christmas tree decoration Lorrain. Congrats girl! *singing ~ "silver and gold.....decorations" :hello2: :icon_thumright: :headbang::icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom