What's new

Warmed up to 43* mid-morning...... 18K was waiting in the dry sand

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :hello:

10A.M. Hank says "Hon, better not go detecting today...too cold."

Now, my friends, ....you have to know that statement fell on deaf ears :laughing7:

Off to my favorite old beach went I.

Hunted 2 hrs. in dry sand at high tide...sun was shining; no wind.

Found all but the ring during the 2 hrs. On my way back to the car , still swinging that coil I picked up a strong , solid mid-low tone, and in the first scoop the ring showed up...probably about 5 inches deep.

No karat stamping, but tested 18 K with Mizer gold test kit.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1170.webp
    DSCF1170.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,603
  • DSCF1174.webp
    DSCF1174.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,601
  • DSCF1164.webp
    DSCF1164.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,627
  • DSCF1168.webp
    DSCF1168.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,626
  • DSCF1165.webp
    DSCF1165.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,650
  • DSCF1183.webp
    DSCF1183.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,649
Upvote 0
way to Lorraine !!!! Sovereign strikes again !!!! congrats !!!!
 
Way to go Lorraine! How many times are the good things found on the last pass or on the way back to the car? I know it has happened to me already a few times in my short time detecting.
Hope you don't mind but I used your story as additional ammo for me getting a GT for the wife to use (and me when she isn't using it. LOL). I think she is on the ropes and will be won over soon so keep up the finds!

Cliff
 
Nice ring and great to end a nice day. :icon_thumright:
 
Thats a very nice ring..... great find.

Dew
 
cdv1 said:
Hope you don't mind but I used your story as additional ammo for me getting a GT for the wife to use (and me when she isn't using it. LOL). I think she is on the ropes and will be won over soon so keep up the finds!

Cliff

I don't mind in the least, Cliff. I am pleased that you used my story as additional ammo. I hope that your wife will get the GT....please tell her that I think she will like it very much.

Lorraine
 
Awesome Lorraine. Never stop swinging until the coil is in the car!
 
Nice finds Lorrain, I like that 18k
 
Nice lorraine, I heard great stories of great gold finds at the entrance/exit to the beach. Way to hang in to the end!
 
Lorrain. said:
Hi :hello:

10A.M. Hank says "Hon, better not go detecting today...too cold."

Now, my friends, ....you have to know that statement fell on deaf ears :laughing7:

Off to my favorite old beach went I.

Hunted 2 hrs. in dry sand at high tide...sun was shining; no wind.

Found all but the ring during the 2 hrs. On my way back to the car , still swinging that coil I picked up a strong , solid mid-low tone, and in the first scoop the ring showed up...probably about 5 inches deep.

No karat stamping, but tested 18 K with Mizer gold test kit.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
Good goldie Miss lorraine I have found many targets just dragging the md back to the truck when I was to tired to swing it any moor
good holidays Jonnie
 
:o Sweet Little ring!!!! Chug
 
A gold find can make a day turn into a halfcocked grin that last all day..
 
Great score L!!!!!
Love it when you been skunked all day and then hit the goods just before your about to turn the heater off!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet score, Mr. Winter is here and soon the oldies will be pop-in out!!! :icon_sunny:

SnT
 
nice goldie, congrats Lorraine :blob7:
 
Nice little ring. European hallmarks are sometimes on the outside of the shank.
 
Nice gold ring Lorraine.....
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Nice old 18k...congrats on a good find!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom