What's new

WARNING! Current scammers on AMAZON, in metal detectors section.

OneStudPuppy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2018
Messages
151
Reaction score
82
Golden Thread
0
Location
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick warning for everyone! On Amazon apparently they are NOT VETTING SELLERS WELL!
I figured it’s on amazon hopefully I made a crazy score! Yea well one could hope.
No way I can afford a GPZ 7000 regular retail. Checked on a return to amazon and new listing showed up being on amazon thought maybe a crazy deal!
NOPE! So moral of the story! If you order a detector on amazon keep a eye on the tracking make sure it moves!
On this one they created a Usps label and that was it.
Feel free to share this to other forums and groups you all are on!!
Spread the info please! Save others a hassle
 

Attachments

  • F940A364-B8D9-4040-ABAA-20B46C90A786.webp
    F940A364-B8D9-4040-ABAA-20B46C90A786.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 192
Thanks for the alert. I have a Minelab that I am trying to sell on "Letgo". I had a fraudulent person contact me about buying it, and the "Letgo" team put her account under review. I guess she has tried to make purchases without paying. I guess they are everywhere.
 
So you got dinged for $3K?!

Did your card fraud insurance cover it?
 
That is one of the reasons that I never buy a new Metal Detector and never buy one online from anywhere. The main reason I purchase used Metal Detectors is because I often get them under 75% of the original cost new and usually get some nice accessories to go with them. On occasion, I have purchased used ones at 50% or less than the original cost new and sometimes even get some accessories. I look for deals and mostly pay what the Seller wants but I have dickered on occasion.
 
So you got dinged for $3K?!

Did your card fraud insurance cover it?
Wow. Some reason i thought I had replied to this thread back when. Long story short. Amazons typical routine, they would have to investigate yadda ydda. Long story short I went investigator on it. Has post office freeze the package at the Lodi California post office. Paid 25 for it. Called post office when it was there and asked for where it was addressed to. They refused to provide the information as it wasn’t my name or address. Did confirm package weight under a pound, 12 inches by 8 inches. Contacted amazon had them note all this they said again 2 to three weeks. So I contacted Jeff Bezos office directly. His rep stepped in and they refunded it. I had spoken with the credit card company and they were ready at my request to start the dispute.
Jeff’s office sped it up to a few days, and I got my refund. At the same time I think they may have had a policy change where a brand new seller can’t list that high value of a item as a first listing.
In the end I wouldn’t be surprise if another scammer tried it again.
I quit looking at the 7000 after this because of the pricing.
Now I am debating a gpx 6000.
 
That is one of the reasons that I never buy a new Metal Detector and never buy one online from anywhere. The main reason I purchase used Metal Detectors is because I often get them under 75% of the original cost new and usually get some nice accessories to go with them. On occasion, I have purchased used ones at 50% or less than the original cost new and sometimes even get some accessories. I look for deals and mostly pay what the Seller wants but I have dickered on occasion.
I try to do the same. Ended up a new equinox 800 back when with credit card rewards saved 500. Sometimes there is deals to be had though for sure
 
Thanks for the alert. I have a Minelab that I am trying to sell on "Letgo". I had a fraudulent person contact me about buying it, and the "Letgo" team put her account under review. I guess she has tried to make purchases without paying. I guess they are everywhere.
Yup. These market places and apps don’t really put forth enough effort to keep their platforms clean of scammers sadly
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom