Warrinty work

rodbuster

Dec 1, 2009
Grant Park Il
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 950/ 6" excelerator- MXT PRO 6x10 & 12"- Vaquero\ stock and 6" coil ''
I have heard terrible stories concerning the service you receive when you send your Minelab in for warranty work. I am considering a Safari, but not sure if the hassle with the service is worth it. Also heard that Minelabs will be made in Asia, will this make getting parts harder to get. Would it help to have more than one service center in the U.S. Thanks

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Ask a dealer before you believe the rumors of Minelab going to asia....Not true.
Minelab is working hard to better it's customer service and service departments.
As a matter of fact they opening a new plant in Illinois very soon to meet recent high demands for product.

The Safari is on back order due to popularity. It would be wise to get on the list to receive one. :icon_thumleft:

Mike :)

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Yes the rumors are rampant and they have been for months and I've yet to see a Minelab rep. or dealer step forward and give a straight answer to stop the rumors. Ok, Mike your a dealer so I'm asking. Where are they assembling/making there detectors now and/or in the future? Is the operation in Illinois going to be a manufacturing plant or a distribution/repair center? Two simple answers and the rumors can finally be squashed. Of course there is no explanation for the customer service problems.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
crazyman said:
Yes the rumors are rampant and they have been for months and I've yet to see a Minelab rep. or dealer step forward and give a straight answer to stop the rumors. Ok, Mike your a dealer so I'm asking. Where are they assembling/making there detectors now and/or in the future? Is the operation in Illinois going to be a manufacturing plant or a distribution/repair center? Two simple answers and the rumors can finally be squashed. Of course there is no explanation for the customer service problems.
Good question .. Crazy .....

Attachments

• 294x220.jpg
    294x220.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 181

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Ask a dealer before you believe the rumors of Minelab going to asia....Not true.

Keppy, actually I already know the answers. I'm just not sure Mike knows or even that Malaysia is in Asia.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is closing down the Ireland operations.

Minelab was bought by Codan in early 2008, Codan designs and manufactures a diversified product range for international high frequency radio, satellite and metal detection markets. They also supply TV broadcasting products to global markets and printed circuit boards for customers in Australia and New Zealand and many military contracts.

Codan has been using Plexus for their manufacturing needs for many years, and they are turning over a large portion of the Minelab detector work to Plexus. Plexus is a very highly respected (AMERICAN) company in the manufacturing world, do a Google search on Plexus and see if you can find a negative link about it...Plexus has won numerous awards including being ranked #10 in the world in 2008 and 2009 in EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services ).

Plexus has manufacturing facilities all over the world, including one that is in Malaysia. Plexus is an AMERICAN company, the plant in Malaysia is a Plexus facility, overseen by Plexus.......

Minelab detectors are not just being handed to Malaysians to be built. .......And Yes Malaysia is in Asia.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
crazyman said:
Ask a dealer before you believe the rumors of Minelab going to asia....Not true.

Keppy, actually I already know the answers. I'm just not sure Mike knows or even that Malaysia is in Asia.
.. Yes ...Crazy & T Hunter .. i knew all that also i just wanted to say something.........

Attachments

• realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    realy_mobile_funny_ready_217205941_large.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 191

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
TH, I'm not overly concerned about Plexus or where they build the detectors. If they put out the same quality detectors that Minelab is known for then there is no problem. The users will decide. I'm one of those that aren't real picky about where a detector is made as long as it does the job but I've already seen posts from those that have received some of the new detectors and where they were made so I just find it interesting if not a little deceptive that some are still denying the fact that detectors are being produced in Asia for Minelab.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
If you think you need to send in a detector for warranty or out of warranty repair, send them an e-mail first. They answer e-mails and you will hear from someone who knows what to do. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread