savant365
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2007
- Messages
- 3,941
- Reaction score
- 72
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northwest Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- ACE 250
- #1
Thread Owner
I thought I would start a new thread here about Jesse James death instead of his buried treasure. Supposedly Gov. T.T. Crittenden was involved with the Ford brothers in his assassination. A couple of things bother me about this:
1. Why would he have a hand in killing Jesse and then pardon his brother frank?
2. Crittenden was in the Union army but after the war he was law partners with Francis Cockrell who was a confederate general and he was nominated for Governor by John S. Marmaduke, another confederate general. It seems to me he had a lot of post war connections with former confederates, I wonder where his real loyalty was?
3. Bob and Charley Ford were convicted of murdering Jesse James and Crittenden pardoned them. Wasn't there a $10,000 reward dead or alive for JJ? If he was wanted dead or alive why was there even a trial?
4. After his death the sheriff from Clay county came and got the body with deputies that were known raiders. I got this from the TV show but I will do some further research on this and on JJ's autopsy report.
I am just curious if anyone else sees what I do and has the same questions or if I am just being a big conspiracy theorist?
Charlie
1. Why would he have a hand in killing Jesse and then pardon his brother frank?
2. Crittenden was in the Union army but after the war he was law partners with Francis Cockrell who was a confederate general and he was nominated for Governor by John S. Marmaduke, another confederate general. It seems to me he had a lot of post war connections with former confederates, I wonder where his real loyalty was?
3. Bob and Charley Ford were convicted of murdering Jesse James and Crittenden pardoned them. Wasn't there a $10,000 reward dead or alive for JJ? If he was wanted dead or alive why was there even a trial?
4. After his death the sheriff from Clay county came and got the body with deputies that were known raiders. I got this from the TV show but I will do some further research on this and on JJ's autopsy report.
I am just curious if anyone else sees what I do and has the same questions or if I am just being a big conspiracy theorist?
Charlie
I don't think I will ever get that involved with it but there are just so many things that are recorded as "historical fact" that just don't make sense about his life and death. Ever since I watched that show about his buried treasure on the History channel Monday night (twice) I just can't help but ask questions. There will probably never be any way to prove or disprove anything conclusively but wouldn't it be nice if some documentation from Governor Crittenden existed and came to light...maybe he has a diary somewhere just waiting to be found. I wonder if there is a "Governors book" in Missouri like the "Presidents book" from National Treasure 2...LMAO
In reality though it's kinda like metal detecting, you never know exactly what you're going to dig up. It's not very probable that there is anything like a diary from anyone involved in his death (or disappearance) but anything is possible.







