WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN????

WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN?

• YES

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
boston corbet and doherty1 (1)with blanket.jpg

Is this any better Rebel? :laughing7:

It's John Wilkes Booth in that blanket, do you know how I know that? because they got paid a share of the reward money by the Federal Government....and Politicians never tell a lie...and if you believe that bull:censored: i got some beach front property in New Mexico I want to sell you!

:occasion14:

May the blessings of light be upon you,

Light without and light within.

And in all your comings and goings.

L.C.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
View attachment 1030591

Is this any better Rebel? :laughing7:

It's John Wilkes Booth in that blanket, do you know how I know that? because they got paid a share of the reward money by the Federal Government....and Politicians never tell a lie...and if you believe that bull:censored: i got some beach front property in New Mexico I want to sell you!

:occasion14:

May the blessings of light be upon you,

Light without and light within.

And in all your comings and goings.

L.C.

You have LAKES in New Mexico...?

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel ,L.C. might want to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge too. Might want to go take a look I hear Ocean Front property is going to go for big bucks in New Mexico. :laughing7:

S.D.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Booth came to Nebraska City in 1866 by foot and horseback.........but he left there in a wagon that was provided for him. He had no belongings, so why would he need a wagon besides to haul the assassins share of GOLD:3barsgold::goldbar::3barsgold::coins: to Texas?

think about it, L.C.:thumbsup:

Clockguy2

Aug 8, 2014
Summerville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were known as COPPERHEADS, and connected with KGC, CSA spies, etc. it was PERSONAL with J.W. as his friend BEALE, was hung by yanks in New York; Lincoln WOULD NOT intervene, thus, an "eye for an eye"...

Several years back, I Repaired a grandfather clock for a descendant of the Booth Family. He told me of his researching some family papers that he said weren't available to the general public, and he drew the same conclusions, that it was personal, as Lincoln would not intervene in John Yates Beall's execution.

According to Wikipedia:
Beall, a Confederate Privateer, after a failed plan to free Confederate prisoners from Johnson's Island in lake Erie, decided to free some captured Confederate officers by derailing a passenger train, but he and a companion, George S. Anderson, were arrested in Niagara, New York, on December 16, 1864. They were imprisoned at Fort Lafayette, New York. Anderson agreed to testify against Beall in return for leniency.

General John Adams Dix ordered a military commission for Beall's trial, which began on January 17, 1865. He was represented by James T. Brady. The arrest of Beall had not been published in any newspaper, and Confederate authorities were unaware of his status. On February 8, the commission found him guilty on all charges and sentenced him to death. Beall was then transported to and held at Fort Columbus on Governors Island in New York Harbor to await his execution.

The story of Beall's arrest and trial then appeared in the newspapers, and efforts were made to save him. Appeals were made to the President by many prominent people, including six U.S. Senators and ninety-one members of Congress, but Lincoln refused to intervene, not wanting to undermine Dix's authority, and Beall was executed on February 24, 1865.

There is a legend discussed by Lloyd Lewis that Lincoln was approached by John Wilkes Booth, who was a friend of Beall's, to save his life, and that the President agreed to do so. But Lincoln changed his mind (the legend goes) when he was approached by his friend and Secretary of State William Henry Seward, who insisted that Beall's activities had been dangerous to the citizens of New York State (Seward's state). Supposedly a furious Booth determined to kill Lincoln and Seward for this betrayal after Beall was executed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Several years back, I Repaired a grandfather clock for a descendant of the Booth Family. He told me of his researching some family papers that he said weren't available to the general public, and he drew the same conclusions, that it was personal, as Lincoln would not intervene in John Yates Beall's execution.

According to Wikipedia:
Beall, a Confederate Privateer, after a failed plan to free Confederate prisoners from Johnson's Island in lake Erie, decided to free some captured Confederate officers by derailing a passenger train, but he and a companion, George S. Anderson, were arrested in Niagara, New York, on December 16, 1864. They were imprisoned at Fort Lafayette, New York. Anderson agreed to testify against Beall in return for leniency.

General John Adams Dix ordered a military commission for Beall's trial, which began on January 17, 1865. He was represented by James T. Brady. The arrest of Beall had not been published in any newspaper, and Confederate authorities were unaware of his status. On February 8, the commission found him guilty on all charges and sentenced him to death. Beall was then transported to and held at Fort Columbus on Governors Island in New York Harbor to await his execution.

The story of Beall's arrest and trial then appeared in the newspapers, and efforts were made to save him. Appeals were made to the President by many prominent people, including six U.S. Senators and ninety-one members of Congress, but Lincoln refused to intervene, not wanting to undermine Dix's authority, and Beall was executed on February 24, 1865.

There is a legend discussed by Lloyd Lewis that Lincoln was approached by John Wilkes Booth, who was a friend of Beall's, to save his life, and that the President agreed to do so. But Lincoln changed his mind (the legend goes) when he was approached by his friend and Secretary of State William Henry Seward, who insisted that Beall's activities had been dangerous to the citizens of New York State (Seward's state). Supposedly a furious Booth determined to kill Lincoln and Seward for this betrayal after Beall was executed.

[Letters and manuscripts relating to the case of Captain John Beall]. (Archival material, 1865) [WorldCat.org]

Orville H. Browning intervened on behalf of a client Confederate pirate John Y. Beall several times in February 1865. Despite his reputed calls on President Lincoln, however, the answer was: "General [John] Dix may dispose of the case as he pleases - I will not interfere!" Beall was executed before the end of the month.

He is the first man to point at the "friends of James Beall " with the accusations that they may have been the ones that killed Lincoln. He was a guilty man trying to draw attention to the people that had sought him out to help defend James Beall. They were the perfect scape-goats for him. The evidence is in his personal diary. Browning and his partners were going to be millionaires with a monopoly on the South's cotton but Abe wouldn't sign the permit.

Abraham Lincoln and Friends - Orville H. Browning (1806-1881)

L.C.

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. Orville Hickman Browning made a splash around Adams County Illinois. The town was northern but there were still elements of the South in it. One of the Lincoln-Douglas debts was held on the same place that the slaves were auctioned off. The place is now Washington Park. The Lincoln-Douglas Inn/Hotel is acrossed the street west. The Newspaper in Quincy is the Quincy Herald Whig. Not only that but he was the lawyer in the case against Joseph Smith and the Mormons at Nauvoo, Illinois. Might want to read up on Bodley Lodge #1 The set of lodge jewels in their lodge were once in possession of the lodge of Nauvoo,Ill. Bodley Lodge sent a wagon to retrieve all the lodge goods from that lodge when the Grand lodge of Illinois dissolved their Charter. I went to College in Quincy and was in the Masonic Temple many times as in those days as a De Molay. I would listen to the old men talk of the good old days and the feats of their forefathers. Here is the a link that might be of some interest. Freemasonry in Nauvoo - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
He was a lawyer that either defended or help to prepare the defense for or pursued presidential pardons for or (all of these things):

John Yates Beall ---------suspected K.G.C. blockade runner and spy
David Harold-------------suspected K.G.C. assassin
Dr. Mudd----------------suspected K.G.C. assassin
Michael O'loughlin ----------suspected K.G.C. assassin
Edmond Spangler----------suspected K.G.C. assassin
Benjamin Ficklin-----------suspected K.G.C. assassin,blockade runner and spy

It is also interesting that although he wasn't good enough for Lincoln to appoint......President Andrew Johnson appointed him Secretary of the Interior** serving from 1866 to 1869, a position that was very important to the K.G.C... Browning also entered into a private law and lobbying practice in Washington, D.C., after the war, partnering with Thomas Ewing Sr. and his son, Thomas Ewing Jr.. Ewing agreed to represent two of John Ford's (of Ford's theater) employees in the Lincoln conspiracy trials. Through Orville Browning, Ewing's Washington law partner, Dr. Samuel Mudd's family also sought Ewing's legal help. Ewing also represented Samuel Arnold and Edmund Spangler during the trial. Ewing's efforts kept all three men from the gallows, but other conspirators were hung. For their roles in the assassination, Mudd, Arnold and Spangler were sentenced to federal prison at Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas off Key West, Florida.
On February 23, 1865, Ewing resigned to return to civilian life,[3] tendering his resignation directly to his good friend, the President, a month before Lincoln's assassination.(distancing?) On February 24, 1866, President Andrew Johnson nominated Ewing for appointment to the brevet rank of major general of volunteers to rank from March 13, 1865 and the U.S. Senate confirmed the nomination on May 4, 1866 (Change of heart?or just greed?) From 1865 to 1870, Ewing practiced law in Washington, D.C., helping southern interests with his influence in the Johnson Administration. The Ewing family was heavily involved in defending Andrew Johnson against radical impeachment efforts. He declined President Andrew Johnson's offers for him to become the Secretary of War during the Tenure in Office crisis. He successfully lobbied the key vote against the impeachment of Andrew Johnson when he convinced his old comrade in arms, Edmund G. Ross of Kansas, to vote against impeachment. Ewing also was successful in obtaining a pardon for Mudd at the end of Johnson's term.

Money can turn a blue coat gray if you pile it up high enough......

L.C.

**The Seminole Nation hereby grant a right of way through their lands to any company which shall be duly authorized by Congress, and shall, with the express consent and approbation of the Secretary of the Interior, undertake to construct a railroad from any point on their eastern to their western or southern boundary; but said railroad company, together with all its agents and employees, shall be subject to the laws of the United States relating to the intercourse with Indian tribes, and also to such rules and regulations as may be prescribed by the Secretary of the Interior for that purpose. - See more at: U.S. Treaty with the Seminole Nation (1866) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

**contract entered into by and between Orville H. Browning, for and in behalf of the United States, of the one part, and James F. Joy, of the city of Detroit, Michigan, of the other part, on the 9th day of October, A. D. 1867, and now on file in the Department of the Interior, shall be relinquished and cancelled by the said James F. Joy, or his duly authorized agent or attorney; and the said first contract as hereinafter modified, and the assignment of the first contract, and the relinquishment of the second contract, are hereby ratified and confirmed, whenever said assignment of the first contract and the relinquishment of the second shall be entered of record in the Department of the Interior, and when the said James F. Joy shall have accepted said assignment and shall have entered into a contract with the Secretary of the Interior to assume and perform all obligations of the said American Emigrant Company under said first-named contract, as hereinafter modified.

http://books.google.com/books?id=yr...=American Emigrant Company free labor&f=false

The modifications herein before mentioned of said contract are hereby declared to be:—

1. That within ten days from the ratification of this supplemental article the sum of seventy-five thousand dollars shall be paid to the Secretary of the Interior as trustee for the Cherokee Nation of Indians.

In 1844, Browning successfully defended five men who had been accused of the murder of Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement.

I could go on about the man but i will quit there for now.......

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. Thanks for the info on Browning. I have a feeling that at best he was a copperhead. He may have been a friend of Lincoln but wanted to be in where the big money was. Truth be know he wanted to walk in the steps of Stephen A. Douglas. Since Albert Pike could not be on the Supreme Court may be Browning felt that he could. Things just didn't work out that way and he had to settle for the Secretary of the Interior. With a nice big fat pile of money to play with and wonder how much of money the Seminole Nation saw. I am guessing not a penny.

I can find no where that he was involved with the Freemasons or the K.G.C. my guess is that he profited from them but did not want to be connected to them.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
He was the K.G.C.'s attorney. If you want to know where to start and see his involvement with them just look at his clientele. You might also want to check out the Singleton Cotton deal.....:thumbsup: The only way to see the whole truth about him is to go to Springfield and visit the Lincoln Librairy which has ALL of his diary....except for the parts that his wife would not allow the biographers to print about his affair with Mary Todd.8-)

L.C.

P.S. Think about the K.G.C. like you would think about the C.I.A. or any other covert government operation....what would they do if one of their guys gets caught in an assassination, smuggling operation,dealing with the enemy, or even worse...gets taken into custody and might start talking?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
DID THE SECRET SERVICE ASSASSINATE THE SUPERINTENDENT OF THE ASSASSINATION?

I have studied this operation for weeks and I have not found any Dr. that used a scalpel during this common procedure. Not even the worst failure resulted in "CUTTING THE CAROTID ARTERY OR THROAT OF THE PATIENTS"

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If Finis bates was grasping at straws to identify David George of Enid Oklahoma as John St. Helen who was the man that identified himself to Bates as John Wilkes Booth....AND if David George was not John St. Helen whom Bates had indeed met in Texas 15 years earlier...then in effect, out of his own desperation to prove himself correct in the fact that he had met John Wilkes Booth in Texas,..Finis bates may have destroyed the very credibility he was after. By falsely claiming that David George was John St. Helen in a desperate attempt to prove the identity of John St. Helen, Bates may have derailed his own train....

Just my two cents, L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT FROM PROGRAM BOY

This is an eye witness account by a program boy at Ford's Theater of the night that President Lincoln was shot.

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Benjamin Franklin Ficklin

The Pacific Telegraph Act of 1860 called for the facilitation of communication between the east and west coasts of the United States of America.It was pushed by President Buchanan and John B. Floyd who had hands on the contract to be issued. Hiram Sibley of the Western Union Telegraph Company won the contract. In 1861, Benjamin Franklin Ficklin was sought out or put in place by the K.G.C. do to the fact that he had laid out most of the route himself that the telegraph and railroad would follow. Hiram Sibley most likely had the K.G.C. helping to form the Pacific Telegraph Company of Nebraska. It seems the other two bidders dropped out and Sibley one the contract by default.. ....:unhappysmiley:......Now that Ficklin's K.G.C. links to Dr. William McKendree Gwin , Jefferson Davis, Judah Benjamin and a host of other Knights of the Golden Circle has been established, and his close association with Orville Browning to pull the cotton over Lincoln's face has been revealed the cloak is lifted and the truth is easy to see! Ficklin was the link to Booth that was never proven. He was the superintendent of the assassination of Abe Lincoln. They had him in custody for two and a half months without pressing charges on him. Nobody said his name during the trial he was released only after they were hung.

The Lincoln Assassination: The Evidence - Google Books

L.C.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread