What's new

Wasnt sure which country I was hunting in with the coins found in dry sand today..

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wasn't sure which country I was hunting in with the coins found in dry sand today..

Also some silver showed up.



Hi:hello:

High tide again early morning, so it was another day of dry sand detecting...about 2 1/2 hrs.

Found some interesting coins from various nations...all in about a 12 foot square area.

Also a nice looking ( but was not to be ) "gold" child's bracelet.

Re: the silver earring; wasn't sure it was silver...looked "el cheapo" with some of the small stones missing; the tone was low-mid-tone and "scratchy", and unable to find the marking until at home with a loupe.

Here's some pics of yesterday's hunt and today's.


Also here are the metallic compositions of the various coins:

2 Centai-aluminum


Half Penny-copper

One Penny -Bronze

New Penny-Bronze

2 New Pence-Bronze

L-20-Bronzital ( Cu 92%; Al 6 %; Ni 2 %)


Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3069.webp
    DSCF3069.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF3073.webp
    DSCF3073.webp
    34 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF3074.webp
    DSCF3074.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF3078.webp
    DSCF3078.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice assortment of finds I think gold is coming your way soon I wish u some good luck
 
Fine looking hunt there Lady Pirate, some very interesting finds indeed.:icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats Lorriane nice haul WTG...
 
I hunted a beach here in Fl., one time. I found a silver Canadian coin & an early 1900 English coin within a few feet of each other. Sold both on E Bay within a week !! LOL
 
Maybe there landing by boat at night? Still a nice workout! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom