What's new

water hunters.. What do you use for a finds pouch?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to hear your responses and suggestions since were coming into what I consider a new fossil hunting season in my area and I'm getting my things together and would like to rethink my pouch.
 
My Columbia shirt with pockets. I rush anything that I definitely don't want lost to the canoe or kayak for safe keeping! Have seen the carpenters pouches from Home Depot that are also a good idea. I am making numerous trips to the boat to drop stuff off. It is important that after dropping stuff off, to keep them out of direct sunlight so that they dry out slowly or you risk them fracturing. Had to learn the hard way.
 
Hey, Gator, You may want to try one of those cotton nail aprons that carpenters use. they usually have three compartments to sort out your finds. Just an idea.
 
Thanks guys the only thing with the carpenters apron that I wouldn't trust is that the things stay put I move around step in a hole sometimes I've been up to my neck stuff would probably go everywhere I'd like to see if I could find something with a zipper that's not going to rust away.
I wish I could make it myself I'd make something out of neoprene like a wetsuit with a nice hard plastic zipper I use a Columbia shirt also that's funny things that go in there or this little catch I zip tied onto the side of my screen first and then get transferred but yeah I like to keep the trips from my hole to a minimum.
I hear you about the direct sunlight you've gotta watch out for a hot vehicle also
 
I use a plastic bag from the store. You know, the kind you get if you don't bring your own. Maybe I should reconsider that.
 
I got a heavy mesh finds pouch with lots of zippered pockets from Kellyco Everything is small mesh, lets the sand, and water out, I put it on its own belt
 
I got a heavy mesh finds pouch with lots of zippered pockets from Kellyco Everything is small mesh, lets the sand, and water out, I put it on its own belt
Same thing I use.... Zippers are nylon too, want rust, just have to wash the sand out to keep them from locking up..
 
I got a heavy mesh finds pouch with lots of zippered pockets from Kellyco Everything is small mesh, lets the sand, and water out, I put it on its own belt

Ah..ha!
 
Same thing I use.... Zippers are nylon too, want rust, just have to wash the sand out to keep them from locking up..

I think that settles it.
Thanks guys!
 
I just use my fanny packs, that have broken zippers, everything in the same compartment. Nothing ever falls out, (at least I think so).
 
I think that settles it.
Thanks guys!
My first one lasted about 7 years, trash ended up tearing the mesh which was my fault as I didn't wash it sometimes so mesh eventually gets weak...
 
If it will last until next rainy season I'm good with that... thank you very much for the suggestion.
 
KellyCo mesh bag is "da bomb."
 

Attachments

  • a16.webp
    a16.webp
    611.1 KB · Views: 157
I'm so glad I started this thread thank you everyone
 
It should work out perfect
ForumRunner_20141029_142347.webp



ForumRunner_20141029_142444.webp



ForumRunner_20141029_142639.webp
 
Still a bit much water...but was good to see what the high water did.

ForumRunner_20141101_204233.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204256.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204318.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204336.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204354.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204422.webp



ForumRunner_20141101_204516.webp
 
I use a Nike backpack that is tough, thin nylon that is draw string close at the top. It also has a small zipper part inside, which usually holds my keys. Outside on the front it has a large open pouch. I have never lost anything. It works well with my kayak travelling as much as I do.
 
Good stuff...thanks.
I actually have one of those somewhere around here
 
Pocket, but I always wear a backpack in case I find a mammoth or mastodon tooth. I'm sorry, I'm not wearing a fanny pack or apron, lol.
 
Bought myself a pair of neoprene waders with a big velcro pouch on the front
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom