What's new

Water makes me nervous

tazz1

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Dual Field
Sand Shark
E trac
Excal 2
Sov GT
Tek G2
Tejon
Im new to the water hunting scene and its hard to get used to getting a unit wet. I know its made for it but after I get home from beach I give unit and scoop a fresh water hose down then towel dry the detector and hang it up side down in a small walk in closet with a dehumidifier going. Am I crazy???
 
Upvote 0
I think it never hurts to take care of your belongings. No different than hosing off your boat when you come in from fishing
 
I would worry about using the d.h to much and drying out the seals but thats just me.
I do wash it off with a hose and let it air dry.
drewan
 
I hose mine off or shower it off depending on the location and put it up..... I also would stop using the DH.....
 
All that is needed is a fresh water wash down and air dry. Do not use a dehumidifier that can cause condensation when you use the detector in the water, along with possibly drying the seals out. My detectors live in a humid garage and not one has failed in 16 years, not even the land machines.
 
Both my scoop and the WP parts of my MD get the hose treatment when I get home from the beach.





~~Happy Hunting~~​
 
I always hose down my equipment with fresh water. It keeps the salt and sand from building under the controls.
 
It depends. If I am in fresh water...I usually don't do anything but rinse the sand off. Salt water is different. Best to rinse off the salt...real good. My scoops stainless...so I don't rinse that at all. Wetsuit will get a rinse also if its been in salt water. HH -Joe
 
allways rinse the machine and scoop at the beach shower, the coating on the shaft of my p.i has begun to blister with salt water . also keeps sand out of the car!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom