What's new

Water proofing Pinpointer ?

Mangler

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Peshtigo, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, BH Quick Draw 2, Vulcan 360, Modified Fiskars Big Grip Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I'm new here so this might have been asked before. Has anyone ever tried using a vacuum sealer on their Pinpointer to water proof it?
 
Upvote 0
One of my friends just brought to my attention the use of a balloon. One of the long style that they make the dogs and stuff out of. Suck the air out and tie it off LOL.
 
IF YOU GO TO U - TUBE
LOOK UP WATER PROOFING PINPOINTER - YOU SHOULD GET ALL KINDS OF IDEAS
HAVE SEEN THE VACUME DONE AND OTHERS
I WANT TO USE MARINE QUALITY (FOR SALTWATER) GEO-SEAL - CLEAR CAULK
i WAS WONDERING IF YOU USED THAT NEW SPRAY SEALER THEY SELL - IT COMES IN BLACK AND CLEAR
FEW COATS OF THAT MIGHT DO THE TRICK TOO
OFF COURSE - YOU WILL HAVE TO RE DO EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE BATTERIES
 
Nice idea:thumbsup: that stuff is like rubber. They show how flexible it is when it dries.
 
Wrong!
Say Bye Bye if you drop it in Salt/Brackish water!
It will have to be sent back to the factory for repair/replacement.
Further, you have to be careful when using it, too much pressure on the wand and you
will break the internal coil.

The Garrett Pro Pin Pointer is a great pin point when properly used and cared for my favorite.
I use on when hunting on the beach, to find small objects which fall thru the scoop - mostly junk
which will drive you nuts till you figure out what it is. Sometimes, I have to use - when I am not able
to find the target in the hole. I mostly use it without the detector to remove shallow junk.

When I shallow water hunt with a floating sifter, I carry a waterproof vibratector 580 to find metal in
balls of clay which do not sift out. There is a problem with the vibratector floating out of its holster and
then sinking when wading chest to chin deep water.

Since the vibratector uses PI technology, it may interfere with your metal detector (EMI) and your detector may interfere with the Vibratector unless you point the coils away from each other. I have never had an interference problem with the Garrett Pro Pinpointer as it uses a different technology.
Oh ok. I didnt know that. I was on Garrets site and they had a movie on the Pinpointer and they said it was water proof. Oh well. I use the bounty hunter pinpointer.
 
14028913.webpI was at Walmart today and seen that spray for 12.99
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom