Watercolor or ink scroll paintings

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I’m helping to set up for an estate sale and was wondering if anyone could give me any info on these pieces. They measure about 30” by 48” and I’m having trouble finding anything comparable.
003D7056-E739-4260-961F-57D8E442E80A.jpeg
4C0A2628-0874-49DA-BA13-D80854E7A955.jpeg
666E608E-F34E-4C9E-9C76-45F554DC9FFF.jpeg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is on silk, right? Tons of Japanese paintings on silk out there. I have owned several from auctions one time or another. I am not familiar with Japanese artists so no help there.
If I had to venture a guess looking at the small photos without actually inspecting the piece, I would say watercolor. But I could be wrong
Just looks soft like watercolor.

Good luck selling. They do not seem to be real popular at least around here. I could pick up easy for $20 or less. Now yours could be by a master Japanese artist. Good luck searching for the artist's name.
And thanks for posting. I like that style.

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is on silk, right? Tons of Japanese paintings on silk out there. I have owned several from auctions one time or another. I am not familiar with Japanese artists so no help there.
If I had to venture a guess looking at the small photos without actually inspecting the piece, I would say watercolor. But I could be wrong
Just looks soft like watercolor.

Good luck selling. They do not seem to be real popular at least around here. I could pick up easy for $20 or less. Now yours could be by a master Japanese artist. Good luck searching for the artist's name.
And thanks for posting. I like that style.
That’s about what I thought, thanks for taking the time. I also liked them, just don’t have the wall space, hope they went to a good home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread