What's new

Waters still too rough for deep targets, anyone need some sunglasses

Gobyman

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Hey All,

Hit CWB tried to hit the deep water and got some good targets (nice tones) but the waves were to rough to try and dig out, so spent most of the 4 hr hunt hitting the shore line and wet sand areas. Must of been sun glasses day and costume jewelry day. Did find a diamond stud (stamped 925) I'm sure the diamond is a CZ, but this sucker was deep and also a little pain when it kept falling thorugh my scoop holes. Anyways was nice to get out though and the water temp is getting nice too. Alot of folks getting in the water, so should be plenty of nice finds coming in the future. Funny experience when I was in chest high water, as I was passing an older couple the wife looked at me and quickly called over to here husband and asked if he still had is wedding band on, which he quickly checked his finger and replied yes (I just grinned and walked by), then as I was walking the wetsand, found a pair of sunglasses right in front of a mother and her daughter, as i pulled the glasses up to look at them, the mother called out to her husband that was out in the water and yelled if he had his sunglasses on him. I waited a couple of minutes to see if maybe they were his, but the husband said he left them on his towel. So after getting a sneer from the mother, I just shrugged and moved on. Guess people are getting leary of us beach pirates. 8)

HH All
Gobyman
 

Attachments

  • DSC01710.webp
    DSC01710.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC01713.webp
    DSC01713.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC01714.webp
    DSC01714.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
Hang in there. It's good to get your feet wet and be prepared for the good conditions to come. As for the snears, don't let it bother you. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank with thier losses. :icon_thumleft:
 
lol you guys need to open a sunglasses stand during the busy season sell for $5 a pair lol
 
As long as I have been doing the water hunting I still sometimes feel self conscience during the first part of the season if I need to walk out in the crowd to get to the water. I hear, "Hey, its one of them Guys!!!!"
It is good to get out.
 
Nice haul. :icon_thumleft:

Don't worry about them getting leary about us, that's just the way they are down there. ;D

I like the look of terror on peoples' faces and the frantic checking of jewelry as they see me approach. >:D

I'll see if you left anything for me there in a few hours.
 
Congrats on your finds at CWB. You did much MUCH better than I do there! WTG. Ignore the ignorant people. If they had any idea of the great stuff you can find they would be racing to the nearest store to buy a detector themselves! ;D
 
Gobyman said:
Guess people are getting leary of us beach pirates. 8)
Yeah, I have noticed some dirty stares too..... UNTIL they lose something of theirs, then they want to suddenly be your best friend.. :dontknow:
I dont understand some peoples attitude.. Do they think that if we dont find it, it will magically fly out of the sand/water and find it's way home?
Nice hunt and finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom