We found a few and hand fun last time out

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't had much time for artifact hunting lately, nor many places to go, but got out with a hunting buddy recently and we both found enough to make it a good day. My best find was the little grey chert point #266, which we are considering one of the Delmarva Hardaway variants. Wish my friends porphyry/diorite bannerstone had been whole, but am thankful to see one turn up in any condition these days. HH
#257 Ed'd quartz point in situ.JPG#258 in situ on horizon.JPG#259 Ed's quartz point in situ.JPG#261 Ed's jasper lance point in situ.JPG#262 jasper triangle in situ.JPG#263 in situ.JPG#264 Ed's nice point in situ.JPG#265 Ed's arglite drill in situ.JPG#266 in hand.JPG#266 in situ.JPG#267 Ed's thin chert triangle point.JPG#269 Ed's half of bannerstone.JPGfinds numbered.JPG

Upvote 0
Very nice. Believe you're right about 266.

Nice finds , you guys had a great day that Hardaway is really nice .... pretty old site have you found any Paleo era artifacts before ? We got a ton of rain last night probably some more waiting for you.

A lot of nice finds there. Even a broken bannerstone is a very significant find to me. I have been lucky enough to find one.I guess that is one of the most rare things to find.

Nice finds and great in situ pictures. I've never found a whole Banner either and only have a couple small pieces.

Nice finds , you guys had a great day that Hardaway is really nice .... pretty old site have you found any Paleo era artifacts before ? We got a ton of rain last night probably some more waiting for you.

Thank you. I have never found any Clovis, or otherwise clearly Paleo fluted points. I have a few brokes and unusual forms that I wonder about, and some tools that are suspect, but nothing that I could argue is clearly Paleo. I got out for a walk yesterday when the rain slowed to a drizzle, but all I picked up was a small expended quartz point, and crude maroon chert thumbnail scraper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back