we just scored a 87 ford ranger and...

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
Hey, Have you ever tried selling trucks like that on E-bay? Before scraping any vehicles I pull all the useable parts and sell them. It brings in quite a bit of extra cash. Congratulations on the free truck!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snake35 said:
Hey, Have you ever tried selling trucks like that on E-bay? Before scraping any vehicles I pull all the useable parts and sell them. It brings in quite a bit of extra cash. Congratulations on the free truck!
thinkin bout selling it as is

P

pippinwhitepaws

silvercop said:
ok stupid question------what does it mean when a vehicle won't smog?

it means it won't pass emission standards...no pass, no drive in some counties.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
In Belgium in the 1970s when I was in germany several friends visited Belgium
and the cops looked at the bottoms of their cars with mirrors and condemned
them for rust. They were ordered to remove their possessions and the cars were
crushed. They did not have Belgian plates and were not living in Belgium and they
were not compensated. siegfried schlagrule

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
snake35 said:
thinkin bout selling it as is
AA don't know where you're at but there are shops that will guarantee you pass or you don't pay. My friend in Arizona had problems passing, found her a shop, the guy juiced her car tweeked the carb. It passed with flying colors. He was telling me he tries to get to emissions real early in the morning. Said the filters on the testing equipment only gets cleaned at the end of the day. Said he's taken cars in in the afternoon & they failed turned around took it back first thing in the morning with out doing anything & it passed :icon_scratch: He got into a ton of details of the gas heating up in the tank, if you get in a line don't turn the car off & on moving up in the line, and running it at a fairly high idle right before you pull it on the test rack. Something to do with how the computer meters the fuel. I should've took notes! He had it down to a science. Oh yeah, in Arizona, they don't really mention that if you don't pass & spend X amount of dollars making the repairs and still don't pass you go to a special test station & they give you a waiver :icon_scratch:

Not to mention the body parts & drive train are worth a ton more than it is on four wheels. Hope that gives you an idea or two Buddy!

P

pippinwhitepaws

i just bought a 81 4x4 bronco for a 100 bucks... :icon_sunny:

it is already beat up , so i don't have to worry about arizona pin striping or dented fenders... :tongue3:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
i just bought a 81 4x4 bronco for a 100 bucks... :icon_sunny:

it is already beat up , so i don't have to worry about arizona pin striping or dented fenders... :tongue3:
:thumbsup:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
my father in law just sold his crown vic police interceptor
for $200 dollars to the junk yard.
I tried telling him the rear end and engine alone could
get him about $800 . Hes crazy as hell..

Was gonna write a really cool response, but with the tears welling up I can't type.............. That's enough to bring tears to anyones eyes.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
my father in law just sold his crown vic police interceptor
for $200 dollars to the junk yard.
I tried telling him the rear end and engine alone could
get him about $800 . Hes crazy as hell..
:'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread