Website to keep you busy!

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
If you live in Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Kansas, then this site will help. When I found it I spent all day and found great ideas. It is a different kind of forum site, but is packed full of great MD locations. I only checked the St Louis area, and it took me all day. This is one of my ace in the holes, when I need a spot to go, I usually look here and I am either able to find a good place to hunt, or it gives me good places to research before going out.....I am not a member of the forum, but use it as a tool. Here is the link.....

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/index.php?sid=2971b9cd5107f8e32aa5818121b316c4

Click on the state or city you are close to and go from there....very awesome!......
These guys are not into finding anything, or metal detecting....they are just exploring and shooting pictures of where they have been.....Let me know what you think!

Blast! I lived up in Springfield, MO for 6 years, and LOVED exploring around... I've been to many sites listed on this website already!
Man, if I would've known about this site before, I could have visited alot more!
Good thing my girlfriend and her family still live up there. I'll have to explore around again when I go back up.
Thanks for the link!!!

Bran <><

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 am Post subject: Re: Springfield Area Caves
Pm me and I'll take you to the old spanish cave.

WOW... I think someone may have happened upon the very cave I had researched & searched for over many years!
One of my lead's give exact directions to a "Spanish Cave" from the Town Square, downtown... which is still there!
These directions were translated by an editor of the News Leader from a Spanish map/document that was dated 1858.
It's the same Town Square where Wild Bill Hickok played poker and got into a gunfight afterwards... I believe over a pocketwatch.

Bran <><

Attachments

• Wild_Bill_Hickok.jpg
    Wild_Bill_Hickok.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 343
Wow. Thanks for the link. Just for everyone's info, there is a section for outside the ozarks area. Lots of cool stuff from all over the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back