What's new

Wednesdays Silver Haul

oldred

Full Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber
I picked up 10 bags of half's this Wednesday and finally got time to post my results. Even though the results were not my best, they still were a nice total. I ended up with 381 Keepers.

I added another 1970D to my collection, 4 foreign coins, and a hollow half. Still can't figure how to get it open?

The 40% half's ruled the day, but I did get a few 90% to add to my yearly totals.

381 Keepers

40% - 341

1964 - 29

Ben Franklin - 3

Walking Liberty - 2

1970D - 1

Foreign - 4

Hollow Half - 1

_________________________________________________

2007 CRH Totals Since 9 March
Barber: 4
Walkers: 144
Franklins: 235
90% Kennedys : 971
40% Kennedys : 7761
40% Silver Proof Halves: 7
90% Silver Comm: 1 1923 Monroe/Adams Comm.
1970 Kennedy: 7​
 

Attachments

  • P1010012.webp
    P1010012.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 308
  • P1010013.webp
    P1010013.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Coins 827 001.webp
    Coins 827 001.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Coins 827.webp
    Coins 827.webp
    10 KB · Views: 356
  • Coins 827 002.webp
    Coins 827 002.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Coins 827 003.webp
    Coins 827 003.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Coins 827 004.webp
    Coins 827 004.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Coins 827 005.webp
    Coins 827 005.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Coins 827 006.webp
    Coins 827 006.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Coins 827 007.webp
    Coins 827 007.webp
    18 KB · Views: 293
  • Coins 827 008.webp
    Coins 827 008.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Coins 827 009.webp
    Coins 827 009.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Wow.....another awesome pull OR.....just incredible totals! Once again, congrats to you & Mrs. OR on another big haul.

Do you find bag searching easier than the boxes? It seems like it would but I haven't done many bags...maybe two.

On the hollowed half.....drop it on the rim on a hard surface a few times.....it should pop open. Some that I have found were hard to open too.....

KUDOS OR!!! Thanks again for the pictures.....love it. Keep em coming..........
 
Nice load. Your still getting 19 per $500, better than my bestest boxes. Wonder if my bank and CU can get me bags here, I'll wait till I get back from vacation to make waves. I did try to have a nice conversation with the vault lady the other day but I think I called at a bad time. Lisa answered and I asked for Pat, Pat finally gets the phone knowing it was me and says "How many do you want"? I says that the thought occured to me the other day that maybe it would be easier on them if I ordered a bunch at one time and just came in every few days and pick two boxes up. She says "It doesn't matter either way and the soonest she could get them would be Friday". I says, "Are you sure it wouldn't be easier to order 6 at once than for me to call every couple days and order 2"? "Doesn't matter, how many do you want?" I'd like 2 for Friday, and 2 for Monday. OK I'll order 4. Think I need more banks to order from? Maybe I'll take in a little plant for the teller to take to the basement to brighten things up down there. Besides if I knew I had 6 boxes waiting for me down there, I would pop up every day. I shouldn't have called I guess, but I was "trying" to be nice and build a rappor with this woman. Gotta love the silver, HH Mark
 
In case you didn't already identify them, the four foreign coins are:

Switzerland, 5 Francs (1996)
Great Britain, 50 Pence (1973)
Canada, 2 Dollar (1996)
Ireland, 1 Florin (1959)
 
GMan00001 said:
In case you didn't already identify them, the four foreign coins are:

Switzerland, 5 Francs (1996)
Great Britain, 50 Pence (1973)
Canada, 2 Dollar (1996)
Ireland, 1 Florin (1959)

Thanks GMan!! I was able to identify the 50 Pence and Canada coin, but was not able to identify the other two.
 
ME_CO said:
Nice load. Your still getting 19 per $500, better than my bestest boxes. Wonder if my bank and CU can get me bags here, I'll wait till I get back from vacation to make waves. I did try to have a nice conversation with the vault lady the other day but I think I called at a bad time. Lisa answered and I asked for Pat, Pat finally gets the phone knowing it was me and says "How many do you want"? I says that the thought occured to me the other day that maybe it would be easier on them if I ordered a bunch at one time and just came in every few days and pick two boxes up. She says "It doesn't matter either way and the soonest she could get them would be Friday". I says, "Are you sure it wouldn't be easier to order 6 at once than for me to call every couple days and order 2"? "Doesn't matter, how many do you want?" I'd like 2 for Friday, and 2 for Monday. OK I'll order 4. Think I need more banks to order from? Maybe I'll take in a little plant for the teller to take to the basement to brighten things up down there. Besides if I knew I had 6 boxes waiting for me down there, I would pop up every day. I shouldn't have called I guess, but I was "trying" to be nice and build a rappor with this woman. Gotta love the silver, HH Mark

Take the bank tellers a dozen donuts Mark! Make sure you give them to the Vault Manager your dealing with. Sounds like she was just having a bad day.
 
lejeuene said:
Wow.....another awesome pull OR.....just incredible totals! Once again, congrats to you & Mrs. OR on another big haul.

Do you find bag searching easier than the boxes? It seems like it would but I haven't done many bags...maybe two.

On the hollowed half.....drop it on the rim on a hard surface a few times.....it should pop open. Some that I have found were hard to open too.....

KUDOS OR!!! Thanks again for the pictures.....love it. Keep em coming..........

Bags are a lot easier to search than boxes. I don't have to worry about unrolling the rolls - just reach in and grab a handful and pull the silver out. The rejects go straight into the coin bag that goes to my dump banks.
 
[/quote]

Take the bank tellers a dozen donuts Mark! Make sure you give them to the Vault Manager your dealing with. Sounds like she was just having a bad day.
[/quote]
The vault is in the basement and that is where Pat is. Thats why I have to call her on the phone- she probly wishes that pesky teller hadn't given me the # haha. I was thinking of taking a couple bags of them chocolate coins, one for the tellers topside and one to send to the vault. Tomarrow I go again, I'll keep ya posted, HH Mark
 
GMan00001 said:
In case you didn't already identify them, the four foreign coins are:

Switzerland, 5 Francs (1996)
Great Britain, 50 Pence (1973)
Canada, 2 Dollar (1996)
Ireland, 1 Florin (1959)

Not that OR needed anymore good fortune but I was hoping, for his sake, the '59 Irish florin (two shillings) may have also been silver.

But alas, in 1950, the Irish removed that last silver from any of their coins.

Great haul there OR ! and thanks for the photos
 
Great haul, Red!
Love the picture of the cart full of bags!!!
Congrats!
 
Where do you get bags from? Do all the bags come from the same bank?? Congrats by the way!
 
kickstart said:
Where do you get bags from? Do all the bags come from the same bank?? Congrats by the way!

They come from the same bank. I have another source I can order from and they give me boxes. Since the bags are producing so well now, I plan to stay with it until it runs dry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom