ALewis
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2013
- Messages
- 331
- Reaction score
- 568
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- East Bay, Northern Ca
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Here goes....
Attempting my first post !
I'm in my 1st season of prospecting / panning.... So Yes, I have the fever
I already want to start moving more material so after making a trial sluice w/ some scrap metal I have been working on a fluid bed sluice, borrowing from some designs found on this site & others....
Hope the Pic's show up, took brother n law out for his first time. He caught some small mouth bass in the river? This is from sat & sun at Iowa Hill Rd, up river from the bridge. Was by far the best (2) day's i've had. Found my biggest piece so far ! No idea weight yet, I'll try and update after I go to minning store.
Have so many question's now....method of recovery, area, etc, etc., etc...
Want to thank "Goodyguy", "Fullpan", "kevinincolorado" & "63bkpkr", probly all of treasure.net !...never spoke to any of you, yet...But your post's & others have been a Huge help for me. Could not have done this without your guy's help.




Attempting my first post !
I'm in my 1st season of prospecting / panning.... So Yes, I have the fever
I already want to start moving more material so after making a trial sluice w/ some scrap metal I have been working on a fluid bed sluice, borrowing from some designs found on this site & others.... Hope the Pic's show up, took brother n law out for his first time. He caught some small mouth bass in the river? This is from sat & sun at Iowa Hill Rd, up river from the bridge. Was by far the best (2) day's i've had. Found my biggest piece so far ! No idea weight yet, I'll try and update after I go to minning store.
Have so many question's now....method of recovery, area, etc, etc., etc...
Want to thank "Goodyguy", "Fullpan", "kevinincolorado" & "63bkpkr", probly all of treasure.net !...never spoke to any of you, yet...But your post's & others have been a Huge help for me. Could not have done this without your guy's help.






I guess I got excited about the pictures of gold.. when you mentioned Mineral Bar and Colfax it jared my memory.. the little time that I've spent on the North Fork has usually been at Yankee Jim's.. most of my time has been spent on the other side of 80.. on the Bear River above the Dog Bar bridge or up on the Yuba...My one trip to Mineral Bar ended up being an overnighter because of the rain slicked roads..caused me to miss my sis in law's wedding rehearsal...( my story and I'm sticking to it)...






