Weekend Finds 06-MAY-06

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
This weekend's finds. About 8 hours of hard detecting at 5 different old homesites. Three were blowouts, too overgrown and found nothing but trash. Two were productive and my finds are scanned below. Both days were similar. Just when I was about to give up or had to leave, I hit on the spot where the good finds were.

On Saturday, $1.09 in clad and the three coins shown above the war metal are a 1902 Indian Head, a 1907 Liberty Nickel, and the war metal. All found very close to the main road, a 4 lane highway (within ten feet of it) . Plus a 1945 Wheatie found 50 feet from the road. The war metal is unkown to me so far. It's a tank metal with "89" on top. The 89th cavalry was only in the Korean War but this was found very close to the very old coins and shows a WW1 style tank on it?? Any sugestions would be appreciated.

The lower coins where all found at a very old looking abandoned farmhouse. I waited a week or two too long as the grass really shot up this and made hunting difficult. Most of these were found around the driveway area and near the walkway. $0.97 in clad and on top, a row of wheats 1927, 1935, 1940S,1945, and 1946D. I found the two bottom coins in the last 1/2 hour before I had to leave. A very nice 1911 Canadian silver quarter and an old French coin, Cino Centimes dated 1862. It says Napoleon III Empereur on front and has an eagle with an "A" below it on back. It seems like more of a recent lost coin, maybe some kids? because it doesn't shown as much tarnish that I would expect for a coin that old. Anyway, a decent haul but a lot of hard digging and trompsing through weeds and brush.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Weekend Finds 06MAY06.JPG.jpg
    Weekend Finds 06MAY06.JPG.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Love the tank pin. That is really cool. I have never seen anything like that. The silver Canadian is neat too. Keep up the good work.

99Brown

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks RR!
Yes, a great weekend for sure,
any time I even can get out there
it's a good weekend.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Burdie

Wish I could verify the medal,
I think it's a Korean war badge??

Thanks for the visit!

BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find's BD Look's like this place will keep em' coming,Congrat''s andHH!!

S

southbound

The badge is nice!! Congrats on the coins and silver too!
Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions