What's new

Weekend finds - sharks teeth

Twitch

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,359
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Here are a handful of teeth we found over the weekend in Virginia. The 5 year old found the ones in the upper right, the 7 year old found the ones in the lower right, I found the bottom left and the wife found the upper left. I missed a hell of a good in-situ opportunity on the top left one due to dead batteries. I assume the large one and the two below it are megladon teeth. Any info one way of the other on any of the teeth is appreciated.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 5-25-13 finds.webp
    5-25-13 finds.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 135
Wow beautiful tooth! You are right, they are most likely megalodon, or possibly chubtensis. Also some nice hemipristises
 
Real nice meg! What kind of in situ? (not location) sand,clay etc.
 
Thanks everyone.

GTzer - We found them in basically a sandy area, but right at the base of a large clay bank that being eroded. There are large clay chunks sitting around as well. I took the kids back yesterday to the same spot and we found just over 50 more teeth, but no Meg's. The tide was super low last weekend and the wind was blowing out, pushing the water out even further. Yesterday was more of a normal low tide.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom