Weekend fun with MM...

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Modern Miner and I hit the road and explored a nearby town. MM was wearing this cool sun hat that made me feel like we were on vacation. We hunted a few schools and met a nice lady named Deanna who was swinging a Fisher at a local park.

She was also from out of town, and blew us away when she showed us a 14k diamond ring she had just found. I found a silver pendant and a few dollar coins. All in all, a fun day.
Devilbunny.jpg
I went out later and did a little night detecting too.

Saturday, MM held a fishing derby and both my kids won a trophy.
derby.jpg
Thanks again MM for a extra cool weekend! ;)

Ridley

Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Ridley, awesome finds...is that bunny from a necklace? Great dollar coins too, I found one the other day myself...that really helps the clad total. Again, good job.

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Now I know what happened to all those Susan B Anthony coins, they salted the playgrounds with em! :-*

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridley,
congrats to your kids on their fishing talents. Those are some nice finds.

HH
Neal

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Just outta curiosity, Ridley, your kids are the two on the
ends, aren't they ??

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Wow, those are very nice. Great finds.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
Ridley's kids are as lucky as their old man! Those little squirts cleaned house at our annual fishing derby. Both ended up with trophies for the largest game & pan fish in their age group. Then as an extra bonus, we drew names for gift cards as prizes. Guess who won? Those two Ridlets again. I think I need to have the Ridley family pick my lottery numbers. It was a great derby, and a lot of fun for all the kids.
I got skunked MDing with Ridley this w/end, so nothing much to post on my end.
I'll get em' next time.
-MM-

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Ridley - some good finds.

It is fishing time. I hope to get my boat out on Lake Erie this weekend.

ModernMiner said:
Folks,
Ridley's kids are as lucky as their old man! Those little squirts cleaned house at our annual fishing derby. Both ended up with trophies for the largest game & pan fish in their age group. Then as an extra bonus, we drew names for gift cards as prizes. Guess who won? Those two Ridlets again. I think I need to have the Ridley family pick my lottery numbers. It was a great derby, and a lot of fun for all the kids.
I got skunked MDing with Ridley this w/end, so nothing much to post on my end.
I'll get em' next time.
-MM-

Shoot MM, I thought you were holding out. :D Polishing your gold and silver....next time. ;)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Shoot MM, I thought you were holding out. :D Polishing your gold and silver....next time. ;)

Bob,
The only silver I was polishing this w/end was a few Silver Bullet beers. ;D I threw my back out last week helping my brother move furniture, so MDing was a real challenge. Ouch. I must be getting old. ???
I'm planning to go up to the NC mountains this w/end to detect at a few spots with my son, and my brother. I'm trying to get Ridley to go so I can put his DFX to shame with my $200 Tesoro.
We'll see if he takes me up on the challenge. ;D
Take care,
MM

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
ModernMiner said:
Mirage said:

Bob,
The only silver I was polishing this w/end was a few Silver Bullet beers. ;D I threw my back out last week helping my brother move furniture, so MDing was a real challenge. Ouch. I must be getting old. ???
I'm planning to go up to the NC mountains this w/end to detect at a few spots with my son, and my brother. I'm trying to get Ridley to go so I can put his DFX to shame with my $200 Tesoro.
We'll see if he takes me up on the challenge. ;D
Take care,
MM

Hope you recover quickly. Those back injuries take time though.

Put him to shame?! :D Danimal use to put me to shame with his ACE 250. But then I would laugh at him when he would dig those deep rusty nails. Everyone has their day. :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ima Swinger said:
Love the bunny.
Nice finds.

Water fishin' and dirt fishin'.......sounds like a perfect day !!! :) :)

Ima
My thought's excactly Ridley....Congrat's to your Kid's on a job well done as well for yourself.One heck of a day....Congrat's again

OP
OP
Ridley

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I thought you folks would get a kick out of that derby. MM designed and made that wooden boat and the fish himself. In fact, he created the entire derby.
All the kids had a blast! As for my kids, (yes the ones on the ends), they will never forget the experience.

MM and I were mainly on a scouting expedition on Sunday. We found two locations that are easy to dig and have plenty of potential, with a third location we eyeballed. Now we can carpool to any of them and hunt all day.

I just remembered that we saw the bikini-lady in her yard on the way home and I waved to her. So it really was a weekend to remember! :D

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions