What's new

Weekend Hunts: Silver & The Usual Junque

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to get out both days this weekend. The weather was cool and nice.

Saturday: P@tch took me out for a little hunt. It turned out to be a good day for him, and just mediocre for myself. I did get a token, from Rings O Romance, they made diamond rings from the 1920s until the 1950s. You get $20 off of a diamond ring that costs more than $67.50! Ah, the good old days. (Electrolysis: Before & after pics)

Sunday: I met P@tch in the morning, he suggested we hit the "Bed Of Nails". It is an old house site that is covered in nails... however it has given up some silver coins. I hunted for one hour and found (4) coins, two wheats, a Washington and a Rosie... and about (100) nails (see pic). A little while later... I got a war nickel. Three silvers in one day is good for me.

I was also able to locate:
- 50 Cal. Brass.
- Thimble from Monopoly game.
- Harmonium reed.
- Aluminum tokens: Spur & Red Goose Shoes.
- 9 Wheaties.

SirWalterRaliegh came to town on Sunday afternoon, so Smittyman and I hunted with him a little bit. I let him use my AT Pro, and let me tell you, he was all over it!

YTD silver coins: 14

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160410_174522_859-1.webp
    IMG_20160410_174522_859-1.webp
    507.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20160410_181834.webp
    IMG_20160410_181834.webp
    118 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20160410_180742.webp
    IMG_20160410_180742.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20160410_115451_388 (002).webp
    IMG_20160410_115451_388 (002).webp
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20160410_141848_471-1.webp
    IMG_20160410_141848_471-1.webp
    321.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 36
Weekend Hunts: Silver & The Usual Junque

nice 50 cal whats the date on the bottom I come across a lot of thoseImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460383408.651047.webp all 1943 but the one across the top is 1942
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on the silver, good job sniffing them out of all that iron.
 
sounds like a blast....well done !!
 
Congrats Tom on your silver trifecta!
 
Nice saves. Glad yesterday turned out better for you than Saturday.
 
Great haul tom!, I like the shot of the war nickel in the flower, OD would be proud!
 
Last edited:
Nice saves. Glad yesterday turned out better for you than Saturday.


Sunday was better than Saturday, because YOU did not spend the entire day spanking me!

Does your foot ever get sore from kicking my butt?
 
Very nice brother. Rumor has it you kicked the crap out of a CTX and Etrac?!?! Also I liked the way you spelled junk. It makes it sound so sophisticated! Lol
 
Nice job. I have only ever had one 3 silver hunt so I definitely consider that a great day. Certainly better than my weekend. I think I cleared .36 cents in clad.
 
Nice going!! But I thought the Deus was able to find silver without digging the nails?
 
Very nice brother. Rumor has it you kicked the crap out of a CTX and Etrac?!?! Also I liked the way you spelled junk. It makes it sound so sophisticated! Lol

I wasn't going to say anything... BUT since you brought it up. Yeah, there was a CTX and an Etrac present, however, they did not find any silver coins in the Nail Bed.
 
Nice stuff Tom

I only got out for a few hrs this weekend. Looking forward to the hunt. See you soon man

Jer
 
I wasn't going to say anything... BUT since you brought it up. Yeah, there was a CTX and an Etrac present, however, they did not find any silver coins in the Nail Bed.

That's because I wasn't there lol
 
Nice job, Tom...or should I say, well played, sir! I got out a bit on Fri Sat and Sun and if it weren't for a silver ring on Sun, I'da been skunked on PM. 25 quarters and 62 dimes and notta sliver in the bunch!
 
Don't you have some "This Old House" DVDs to watch or something?

Ha!, nah I'm fine tuning my ear and polishing up the ole' etrac for some fine relic hunting this weekend!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom