What's new

Weekend Hunts: Silver & The Usual Junque

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to get out both days this weekend. The weather was cool and nice.

Saturday: P@tch took me out for a little hunt. It turned out to be a good day for him, and just mediocre for myself. I did get a token, from Rings O Romance, they made diamond rings from the 1920s until the 1950s. You get $20 off of a diamond ring that costs more than $67.50! Ah, the good old days. (Electrolysis: Before & after pics)

Sunday: I met P@tch in the morning, he suggested we hit the "Bed Of Nails". It is an old house site that is covered in nails... however it has given up some silver coins. I hunted for one hour and found (4) coins, two wheats, a Washington and a Rosie... and about (100) nails (see pic). A little while later... I got a war nickel. Three silvers in one day is good for me.

I was also able to locate:
- 50 Cal. Brass.
- Thimble from Monopoly game.
- Harmonium reed.
- Aluminum tokens: Spur & Red Goose Shoes.
- 9 Wheaties.

SirWalterRaliegh came to town on Sunday afternoon, so Smittyman and I hunted with him a little bit. I let him use my AT Pro, and let me tell you, he was all over it!

YTD silver coins: 14

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160410_174522_859-1.webp
    IMG_20160410_174522_859-1.webp
    507.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20160410_181834.webp
    IMG_20160410_181834.webp
    118 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20160410_180742.webp
    IMG_20160410_180742.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20160410_115451_388 (002).webp
    IMG_20160410_115451_388 (002).webp
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20160410_141848_471-1.webp
    IMG_20160410_141848_471-1.webp
    321.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 36
Still nailing the silver I see, nice job!
 
Don't forget to mention how the e-trac did on Saturday compared to the ......
 
How many silver coins did you find with the deus Saturday? Oh I know! Not a single one. Lol..... Just kidding, I got lucky Saturday and Sunday I didn't. Good luck this weekend
 
Last edited:
Carolina Tom is the man. It was really nice to meet him and smittyman. Hate I missed out on meeting P@tch. Big thanks for letting swing your AT Pro and it was nice to see that XP deus in action.

He kept texting me all those silvers before I could get out there. Just teasing me all morning, one right after another lol. Even though I had never used the AT pro I was able to pull up some clad (1 quarter, 3 dimes, 6 pennies) and a little toy helicopter, as well as part of a toy cowboy gun I about an hour and a half. CT sucked all the silver out before before I could get a coil on the ground.

Great group to go out with! Can't wait to do it again friends!
 
Nice haul Tom i like the thimble too..
 
Anytime you Charlotte boys come up to Raleigh, please let me know! Thanks again for being cool and teaching me a bunch of stuff
 
Anytime you Charlotte boys come up to Raleigh, please let me know! Thanks again for being cool and teaching me a bunch of stuff

Thanks man! Anytime you get down this way, let me know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom