What's new

Weekend Pennies and Nickels

enamel7

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
6,415
Reaction score
2,551
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Did a box of pennies and $200 in handrolled nickels. No bags due to the coin counter being down. The box did better than usual.
Wheaties: 1944(2),1945(4),1949,1952d,1956d,1957,1957d(2),1958d.
Canadian: 1975(2),1981(2),1994,2000.
Bahamas:1982,2006.
(21) 2009p Log Cabin.
Nickels didn't do as well, no silver.
1939,1940(3),1941,1946,1947(3),1949,1952,1952d,1953,1953d(3),1954,1954d,1955, 1955d(2),1956d,1957d(4),1958d(4),1959(2),1959d(6).
Canadian:1974,1980,1989.
(2) 1964d repunched mintmark.
Hopefully I can get some bags tomorrow.
HH
Gilbert
 
Upvote 0
It is when the mintmark is applied and then is struck a second time, resulting in 1 mintmark over another. These appear to be this. There were alot of these on the 64 cents.
 

Attachments

  • dd-1.webp
    dd-1.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 234
  • dd-2.webp
    dd-2.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 216
Enamel, Great finds as usual :thumbsup: , I must have looked at hundreds of 64-D's and have yet to find a repunched mintmark.
 
When I first started pennies, I looked for those, but then I got lazy. Perhaps I should try again...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom