Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I didn't get my halves ordered before the manager placed her coin order this week. :-[ So I turned it into a Lincoln cent weekend and made the best of it!

I had a box of Pennies sitting around and went through it by Friday evening. It produced 9 wheats and a 1974-S. The wheats included a 1936-S and a 1938, both filled a hole in my collection. The rest of the wheats were the standard 1940-1950 era coins.

I liked what I found and thought I'd pick up another box, so I went to the local TD Bank on Saturday and got another box of pennies. That box gave up thirteen wheat back cents, and four of the "S" mints from the 1968-1974 vintage. Wheats from this box included a 1920, but the rest were all 1940s and 1950s. The 1920 replaced one I dug metal detecting a year or two ago. The "S" mints included a 1968, a 1970, a 1972, and a 1973.

Well I went to another TD Bank today and got another box (TD Banks are open on Sunday so they are a good coin roll hunter fall back!) Well I got another box of Pennies; but alas this box is just solid 2010 shield backs. The box is still unopened, but it is one of those with the with the holes in it to check rolls. Every end shows a brand new coin and about half show the shield. No doubt in my mind that they all are 2010. I guess I will end up keeping this one unopened, perhaps they have some premium? :dontknow:

Happy hunting all!
Steve

Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG. I went through an old box of pennies. I found it hard to read all those dates. Good for you.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Hey Steve,

Yes, at least worth 2 x face. If you want to sell, let me know. I'll help you connect with a buyer.

JasonB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread