What's new

weekend stuff

crj1968

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2014
Messages
816
Reaction score
696
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got into a bunch of obsidian flakes (and one red/tan chirt find) this last weekend.

Here are the most interesting ones.

The small obsidian piece is is heavily worked on both sides and I just cant imagine what it was.

The chirt piece was out of place for the area, not sure it really was anything but like many I find it has that kind of groove in it.

anyway.....here they are
 

Attachments

  • 299.webp
    299.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
I love obsidian and wish we had it in NC. When I first looked at the pic I thought they were gun flints. Good finds!
 
yeah it's pretty cool stuff. What I like about it is there is no mistake when you pick it up. There are a few places where it was sourced from in Idaho, so it is always neat to see where it wound up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom