What's new

Weird copper/brass hollow ball any help?

Kmatch7

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
313
Reaction score
1,179
Golden Thread
0
Location
New jersey
Detector(s) used
At pro
Bounty hunter quick draw
Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks old found in creek bed near 1800s homesite 64E4C6CB-318E-4242-9493-7587030FDBB4.webp64E4C6CB-318E-4242-9493-7587030FDBB4.webp3E3AF87C-6E54-42F1-BD5A-E2606910A724.webp64E4C6CB-318E-4242-9493-7587030FDBB4.webp64E4C6CB-318E-4242-9493-7587030FDBB4.webp
 
Hard to tell from the pics, but it could be a ball or Zouave button missing the back.

D.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • brassbutton001.webp
    brassbutton001.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
definitely a broken button
 
Upvote 0
Once, I found a brass bell ringer similar to yours. The other piece maybe near. Great find.
 
Upvote 0
Age range? I’m guesssing time period to house
 
Upvote 0
C66B1E84-FA89-4420-93A9-8E618C15876D.webp

DE42F438-2D53-4185-AD36-E3D3225C033D.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. Were they mostly used for military uniforms? I don’t know a lot about the button type
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. Were they mostly used for military uniforms? I don’t know a lot about the button type

Usually early (1830s) military uniforms, also cadets of some military institutes, also they show up in some Civil War units, as some wore these older type uniforms.

D.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom