What's new

Welcome to Breck

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early morning is my favorite time to take pics here, as there's nobody out. 9 degrees and light snow, but at least the wind wasn't as bad as yesterday morning. Bout another week and this place will be a madhouse with tourists from all over the world.
 

Attachments

  • 12-5a.webp
    12-5a.webp
    82 KB · Views: 86
  • 12-5b.webp
    12-5b.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 12-5c.webp
    12-5c.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 12-5d.webp
    12-5d.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 12-5e.webp
    12-5e.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 76
There's more and more folks hitting the slopes ever year it seems. Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years. By then, I'll have seen Colorado's changes in the course of over a half a century. I miss the good old days up your way. I knew an old miner up in Breckenridge named Ray. I talked to him last maybe 8 or more years ago. He had some claims up that way. He told me back in the 1980s Hecla mining wanted to buy him out, but he wouldn't sell. Now no one would ever want anything to do with mining in Colorado with all the environmental impact regs and his claims are pretty much unsellable now. Things were good back then until a chump and canuck named Robert Friedland aka "Toxic Bob" got involved in gold mining. One thing I do know is which industry has had the most major impact on the environment between the ski industry and mining industry over the years I've seen these changes come along.
 
Last edited:
Beautiful, nice crisp shots. Holiday magic.
 
I like the Grinch! :icon_santa:
 
It truly “feels” like winter nice shots and thank you for sharing!
 
There's more and more folks hitting the slopes ever year it seems. Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years. By then, I'll have seen Colorado's changes in the course of over a half a century. I miss the good old days up your way. I knew an old miner up in Breckenridge named Ray. I talked to him last maybe 8 or more years ago. He had some claims up that way. He told me back in the 1980s Hecla mining wanted to buy him out, but he wouldn't sell. Now no one would ever want anything to do with mining in Colorado with all the environmental impact regs and his claims are pretty much unsellable now. Things were good back then until a chump and canuck named Robert Friedland aka "Toxic Bob" got involved in gold mining. One thing I do know is which industry has had the most major impact on the environment between the ski industry and mining industry over the years I've seen these changes come along.
It's getting to be 'the good old days' are as recent as 10 years ago. I hope not to be around here in 20 years, but just speculating, if they have that warming thing and the snow quits, the pine beetles finish off the rest of the trees or somebody manages to burn the whole place down, maybe some enterprising young entrepenuer will come along and turn Summit County into the world's largest golf course. That might work.
 
Those photo's are superb, I vote Banner :angel3:
 
I never realized how many different furry boots women have to choose from until I went to Breckenridge hehe.
How come there isn't a man's version of furry boots, maybe a mountain man style...
 
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful time of the year! Thank you for posting them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom