Well...cache...?

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Everyone has heard of the tale, "if you throw a coin in a well and make a wish, it will come true" right?
Well, while I was looking for a possible hunting site and saw a path leading to the far rear of the field leading into the woods.
I saw a well and went to investigate (possible coin cache at the bottom). IT'S SEALED!!! :'(
I saw some piping next to the well coming out of the ground, so I think that it was sealed because of the modern acomodies (pipes).
Should I open it? :dontknow: :laughing7:

Attachments

• well1.jpg
    well1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 740
  • well4.jpg
    well4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 746
  • well3.jpg
    well3.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 749
  • well1.jpg
    well1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 743
  • well4.jpg
    well4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 744
  • well3.jpg
    well3.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 739

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
depends if the wells location was a likely place for a cache, where was the original home? Were they wealthy? If the well was in a town there would be a greater chance of the single coins tossed in for luck but I think removing that cap would net little in return.
That plus you would have to recap after your search or the current owner would be rather upset probably. just my thoughts

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Safety Issues... Be careful when you open the well up for the first time (Bad Gas) and no I am not talking about your hunting partner. Let that hole air out and then check the air quality before entering. When someone is in the hole, be sure that someone is on top to monitor the situation. That person is responsible to tell the authorities (Last time I saw him, he was unclimbing that ladder to the bottom of the well). Don't have an Air Monitor? Sometimes a chicken has to be sacrifice. Whatever you do, don't send the Wife"s little lap pooch down the hole. A mad woman can make your life missable, so I have been told.
Think about how you are going to get in and out of that hole safely. Many years ago, when I thought that I was Superman, I got myself in a little trouble.. Old Tensas (A Loyal Member of the Net) found a very large cistern in the hills out of Natchez, Mississippi. Long story short, I was the Chicken in those days. We lowered the rope in that big old hole and down I climbed. That dang hole had about four feet of some of the coldest water you can imagine on a February day. I waded around down there for about thirty minutes, making sure no strong boxes were laying on the bottom just waiting to make us gozzilionairs. Now in those days I could run up a rope hand over hand, with my legs straight out. Lets see, I was shivering and pretty sure that the fire we had going on top felt a whole lot better than that dang cold water up to my chest. Do you have any idea how hard it is to climb a narrow rope in a pair of tight,soaking wet (I was young) bluejeans and tennis shoes? Needless to say, a young aspiring tree with dreams of reaching the sky, made the ultimate sacrifice to get my sorry rear-end out. And that my friend is why you do not go alone. :thumbsup:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
graycloud, that is the best information that could be given to jd. to say it another way is that ''you don't want to be downriver without a paddle''

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If you don't remember anything else, don't forget what Graycloud said about
a mad woman. Actually I would keep out of a well, too many things could go
wrong quick.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Yep, UP THAT WELL KNOW RESORVOR, WITHOUT THE PROPER MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION.
Sorry about that, it was a poor attempt to be Politically Correct. Of which, I am not. :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jdsarasin8194

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Thanks guys ;D
I was planing to tie a flashlight to a rope b4 I start doing anything jerastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions