What's new

Well it is time to step away from the Hobbie...

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Got your attention Lol. I am stepping away but only for a month or so. It is that time again when I travel to Spain to be with the Wife's family. I don't know if this comes at the right or wrong time. I see the amaizing scores from other parts of the country but VA is hurting in my zone. Everyone seems to be raking it in but I also have slowed down a bit because of holiday expenditures. I plan to hit it very hard again after the new year. I may miss a big score of someone turning in the goods for christmas money but I need some time to recoupe my funds in order to do the volume I want to do. I will be checking in for the next month or so but will not be posting any finds for a while. God bless you all and merry christmas.

P.S dont forget about ole golden silver
 
Upvote 0
Hope you have a good time in Spain GS!

As far as all the CRHers finding good hoards lately, I think that is great. But not every area is busting out with silver. At least not my area.

I have had a bit of extra time the past few weeks and have focused on getting hand rolls and a few boxes. Pretty much skunk city except for a token 90% here and there and a couple of 40%ers in the boxes.

But what is really not a good sign is the HUGE increase in CRHer activity. It used to be that almost any bank would have a few hand rolls on any given day, now it is rare to find a bank with ANY halves available. They all say that as soon as they come in, somebody comes by asking for them. And some that had hand rolls only had returned Brinks rolls that a CRHer returned (all of the rolls taped on one end).

As far as boxes, all I see now are heavily marked up coins (squiggly circles, black dots on the reverse, and of course various stripes on the obverse). The couple of 40%ers I found were in these boxes, but their rims looked very much like non-silvers and the original hunter missed them I am guessing. I almost missed one but caught it by the sound test.

So don't worry about missing anything while you are gone, at least if your area is anything like mine.
Maybe you can get some gold/silver coins in Spain. I have an AU late 1800's gold 25 peseta that is one of my favorite gold coins.

Jim
 
GS,
Have a great trip! One of the things I wished that I had known about when I lived in Europe was MDing. If you have one bring it along with you.
Have a Happy Christmas !

Best

Rich
 
I hope y'all enjoy the trip! I'm envious!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Have a great trip. I will take care of all your silver in the wild while you are gone ;)
 
gonna miss ya GS....not many of the old heads left. hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the holiday. see ya soon.
George
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom