What's new

Well you know this old lady walked in today... (pics added)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I went into my dump bank today to get rid of a few bags of halves when one of the tellers says "an old lady came in today and dumped a bunch of old money, do you want it"? :headbang: I calmly say "ok". She says she sold most of it to another teller and he speaks up and says "I got it here if you want it but it's only pennies". Sure I say. He pulls out 29 rolls of cents, all dated on the sides of the wrappers with dates before 1957. First roll has 1919-1929 written on it, next one 1914 - 1924 and it continues like this with 30's, 40's and 50's. I hand the teller $15.00 for the stack of them and he hands me back a silver quarter. He said he just got it from someone that brought it to him because the sorter wouldn't take it. What are the odds of getting the only silver quarter he had! :tongue3:

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...

Good going Jim! Let us have a breakdown of dates when you finish looking at them. :hello2:
 
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...

I shall but right now they are in my car trunk ;D (see brakes post!) There were some solid rolls from the 20's and in good shape mostly Philadelphia mints but a few San Frans and Denvers. There were some nice teens and 30's. Pretty crazy and rather a nice find. Might have to sell a few of these.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...

We want pic!
 
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...

I'm dying to see this... How could you leave them in your trunk!?!?!? lol We're all waiting for you to score! :wink:
 
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...

Now this is a once in a lifetime find!!!
 
Re: Well you know this old lady walked in today...Pics added

I finally got time to look at some of these cents. I had a chance to start checking the rolls and they were exactly as written on the rolls. I tallied up some of the earlier dates and I will review the rolls from the 40's and 50's in a day or two. All the common dates seem to have at least half rolls of them with quite a few solid rolls. Here is a rough tally on the early dates while there are still some dates from the late 30's that I haven't tabulated. The cents in the tube and odd wrapper are teens and twenties from rolls that I started searching earlier.
1910: 1
1914: 3
1917: 1
1918: 2
1919: 5
1919s: 1
1920: 14
1920s: 1
1921s: 1
1923: 2
1924: 3
1925: 4
1926: 11
1927: 5
1928: 5
1928d: 1
1929: 16
1929d: 3
1930: 10
1930s: 1
1933: 1
1934: 10
1935: 20
1936: 55
1936d: 3
1937: 42
1937d: 3
1938: 23
1939: 33


Maine_Jim
 

Attachments

  • Cents_Dates.webp
    Cents_Dates.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 385
  • CentsRollsClose.webp
    CentsRollsClose.webp
    20 KB · Views: 370
WOW you can almost fill a whole book with that one find....amazing....simply amazing :thumbsup:
 
bet the male teller skimmed the silver :wink: ;D when he bought it off the female teller ---and the silver quarter you got was a opps. (it is your dump bank )
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom