What's new

Went again.....

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Went again today. Pulled out this celt. Couple in-situ as I dug. And couple pictures after I cleaned it up. And some other stuff I pulled out.
 
Upvote 0
quite the spot you've got!
 
that is way way cool
i think it is the most ferocious celt i have ever seen
what were the specific purposes of a celt
would one that size and shape be used for grinding corn or?
thanks for the nice images,
larson1951

also that piece in the last course of pictures on the left is huge
is it a chopper or knife?
or maybe an un-finished piece?, i like it and don't find hardly any that big
 
Last edited:
Larson ..celts were used like hoes I doubt they would have ever have used one to grind corn the big pc in last of pictures probably a flint axe/chopper or could have been a blank?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom