What's new

Went diving and found an 186? 2 Cent Piece and a W.E. Bonney Barrel Ink

riverdiver

Full Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2011
Messages
212
Reaction score
365
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went diving yesterday and found an 186? 2 Cent Piece, a 1923 Canadian Penny and some clad, plus a nice W.E. Bonney Barrel Ink and the usual marbles, lipsticks, buckles and a couple of rings too, one being an unfurled sterling and the other a simple copper one. The credit card was new and was turned into the local PD.
 

Attachments

  • ResizedImage_1379763484776.webp
    ResizedImage_1379763484776.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 170
  • ResizedImage_1379763177992.webp
    ResizedImage_1379763177992.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 342
  • ResizedImage_1379763216338.webp
    ResizedImage_1379763216338.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 298
  • ResizedImage_1379763288612.webp
    ResizedImage_1379763288612.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
  • ResizedImage_1379763307416.webp
    ResizedImage_1379763307416.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
Matt, nice goin' on the 2 cent piece!:headbang:

And I like that ink bottle...terrific find!:wav: ; I would love to find one like that .

Lorraine
 
Thanks Lorraine,

It was a rush to uncover both of them, the 2 cent was oxidized like a silver coin and when I pulled it out of a crack in a rock the oxidation came off and left that nice golden patina.
 
I like the bottle best , nice fine.
 
Thanks Ron!
 
Bottle has a greenish tint? Is it uranium glass? Tried putting a UV light to it?
 
The bottle finds are really cool. Thats a nice one.
 
It always makes me wonder why people drill holes in coins? I guess back then, they didn't have much to make necklaces out of.

Nice finds...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom