gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, they come for the winter to Iona Island by Bear Mountain Bridge, I go to see them there sometimes, and I have been on top of Hook Mountain above Nyack where I can look down on them from above where they are hunting. Great to see them back in this area!!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newnan thanks for stopping again Yes indeed the eagles are so so cool to witness. Take care out there

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Islamoradamark hi thanks for stopping again Yes we went for a drive hoping to see them again and yes they were there..they are so cool to see..I hope you have them also by you

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gunsil thanks for stopping again and glad to hear that you can watch them in your area..yesterday was cool as we saw one take off fly to a marsh and come back.I have to possibly consider getting a better camera with distance lens..take care out there my friend

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shot Billb. We are starting to have Eagles in our area, and they are a thrill to spot and watch. Such a beautiful - regal looking bird.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey billb we do get to see some every now and then, big beautiful bird

ky keith

Dec 23, 2008
Ft. Myers Florida/ Western N.C.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nest of them right behind my house here in Florida. I watch them everyday. They have a couple that just hatched this week. They are always out by my pond looking for food

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trezurehunter hi thanks again for stopping here and for the privilege of your time Yes indeed they are such an amazing sight to see up here also..try to see a nest as it is so so big it must take so so much time to make.over here by me they prefer large pine trees

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is so so cool to have them so close to you.Yes the winter season is when they hatch and I believe that they mate for life also..thanks for sharing

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dts52. Hi thanks for stopping here again I hope all is well..over here I won’t be going out until the weather improves..In the mean time going out and spending time watching them is so exciting ..I hope you can spot them in your area also..take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat. Wow that picture is awesome.i hope someday to travel across the state’s..perhaps we can join you on a hunt out there ..take care.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Fat. Wow that picture is awesome.i hope someday to travel across the state’s..perhaps we can join you on a hunt out there ..take care.

Make your plans, give me a little notice, I’ll show you all my favorite places.

whisperer

Jan 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Susquehanna river by the dam near The Chesapeake there is a bunch of pairs. There is a official eagle watching area there. Pretty cool for a western boy.... ��

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice image!

I live on a hill above the Chenango River and work at a plant on the Susquehanna River. It's not unusual for me to see four eagles on my commute into work. 40 years ago if I had told someone I saw an eagle hereabouts they would say I was certainly mistaken.

Really have made a BIG comeback in this area. I'm seeing what I'm pretty sure are ravens in among our common crows. Egrets, Osprey, Harriers, just a great deal more birds i the last two decades in this area.

Sadly, our trees are taking a clobbering. Emerald Ash Borer, Gypsy Moth, Lantern Moth (fruit trees) Hemlock fungus and wooly adelgid, longhorn beetle, some kind of spruce fungus. Just dead and dying trees everywhere. Like 20% in some areas are failing!

And then there are ticks! Milder winters make going outside March through Novermer potentially hazardous to your health!

Once in a while we see them paying a visit to the bay out of the house, a sight I will never get tired of seeing. Though the Blue heron is a daily, and the Osprey is a weekly sighting.

Yes Charlie even here we have the same issues with the trees, and can't even keep up with the cutting up for firewood.
With having 30 tree'd acres we have a standing rule as not to be out on the sugar bush trails on a windy day.
Too great of a chance something is going to come down, a small 1" limb from 40" up is an ouch!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj. Hi thanks for the privilege of your time,Yes indeed it’s great to see the beauty that surrounds us,,Although over here also the trees are not doing well,I have spent thousands getting them removed and stump ground,Seems that the fir and maples and birch are affected the most,,Take care my friend

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat. Thanks my friend yes I hope someday to visit. And looking forward to a barbecue with a side of crispy bacon ,,Take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whisperer. Hi thanks for stopping and glad to see that you are also enjoying getting out to watch them ,,Over here also on the banks of the Hudson River is a good place to observe..take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PetesPockets55 hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of of your time,,I hope that you also can watch them where you are take care

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread