Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louie D. Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time..the pair of eagles have been there for approx.4 years now..they are so nice to watch

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Solomon Hi thanks again for stopping and also for the privilege of your time..The other day my wife and I were walking next to the large Norway trees in our yard..And suddenly my wife heard a noise overhead and she was hearing a Eagles wings flapping like fifteen feet over our head as it was flying between the large trees..definitely a once in a lifetime moment...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice image!

I live on a hill above the Chenango River and work at a plant on the Susquehanna River. It's not unusual for me to see four eagles on my commute into work. 40 years ago if I had told someone I saw an eagle hereabouts they would say I was certainly mistaken.

Really have made a BIG comeback in this area. I'm seeing what I'm pretty sure are ravens in among our common crows. Egrets, Osprey, Harriers, just a great deal more birds i the last two decades in this area.

Sadly, our trees are taking a clobbering. Emerald Ash Borer, Gypsy Moth, Lantern Moth (fruit trees) Hemlock fungus and wooly adelgid, longhorn beetle, some kind of spruce fungus. Just dead and dying trees everywhere. Like 20% in some areas are failing!

And then there are ticks! Milder winters make going outside March through Novermer potentially hazardous to your health!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roy2bears hi thanks for stopping today and for the privilege of your time..it’s so cool to see them more and more now these days..I hope you also have them close by..take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) Thanks for stopping again and for the privilege of your time..Yes indeed we are seeing more and more of them these days. Today when we stopped for a picture there also was another on the large nest..also we saw the one that I got the picture of take off and quickly fly down in a frozen marsh and fly back to the large pine ..so so beautiful to witness..yes we have also lost many trees in our yard Over the years..And the ticks they are terrible over here as well and I even had a mosquito try to get me today .take care out there

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pic. There is an eagle viewing place, I think closed this year, on the point below the outlet at lake Mac.
Central Nebraska Public Power District on www. They get counts of around 200 over the winter. Game and parks stock trout for them to eat.
There are a few Golden’s around also. Really neat to see

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I cross the Delaware on a small very old bridge every day and am treated now and again by a Bald Eagle soaring over the river.Nothing like being buzzed by an eagle at close range. Many nest in the tall trees that line the rivers edge.

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw my first wild one ever on Christmas day. Driving past the river and forest area there one was flying near the water. The white head and tail feathers were unmistakable. Known nests are about 10 miles away.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat hi thanks for the privilege of your time..wow it must be so so so beautiful to witness I hope to see a golden someday. Over here along the River you can see them swoop down and grab a fish and bring it to the nest

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relicmeister. Hi thanks for stopping and for sharing it’s so so amazing to watch these birds soar thru the air Sounds like it’s a really nice place along the River

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armstrong. Hi thanks for stopping and love to hear that it was a great present on Christmas..years ago there were not to many over here but now they are making a comeback..

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Accidental eagle watch for my wife and I on route 4 next to the Hudson. Three youths were circling and circling. Must have watched 10 min. before they drifted off.

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see them in the winter occasionally at the lake near my house. They nest around the lake sometimes but their nest are hard to spot from the roads. Easier to find from a boat. Gary

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gold in NY. Wow that is a cool name you have here.thanks for stopping and also for the privilege of your time yes indeed they are beautiful..I hope you will be able to see more along the Hudson..When I go striper fishing there I often spot them

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
billb, Thanks for posting a pic. of the Bald Eagle. They are so majestic looking, and it is a both a treat and a real honor to be able to see One out in the wild.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.A.P.metal hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time..They are so so cool to witness..its unbelievable to see how big their nest is also..take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
devldog. Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time. This pair had been here for approx.four years and I’m told that they mate for life

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3cylbill thanks for stopping here and also for the privilege of your time. They are so wonderful to watch ..Bill I hope that you get a chance to also see them close by..take care out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions