💵 FOR SALE Wesmar 500SS Side Scan.

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Older side scan sonar unit that's likely useable for the 400'? (we'll measure next week) umbilical and fish? Thermal unit has of course the broken stylus belt but perhaps someone has sourced the belt material?. We imaged various wrecks we dove outside the Golden Gate (San Francisco) and was 'the' unit that located the wreck of the 'Aleutian' at Kodiak Island, Alaska. Heavy package so likely it would be trucked. Email my twin brother, [email protected], or his cell 650-898-9663. Asking $200. Thanks Bob

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Additional info on side-scan.

Just measured umbilical and 400 foot with 5-pin connector. Bob

OP
OP
L

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just reduced asking price to $200/plus shipping.

Looks like we continue to market at $200 for next month and then in April we'll place a ad on eBay. In May we go north to WA and I'll tackle fabricating a stylus belt and get the unit operational and market as 'functioning' unit, likely for a grand. At this point it's only useable for someone who buys the electronic unit from Wesmar and uses this fish & umbilical. Bob

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good luck with the sale.
These are sturdy old units. If I had the time, I'd buy it, fix it and sell it. This ain't rocket science, it is appliance repair. Maybe this will help someone find a use for it. :)
Wesmar is still in business. Do they have any NOS parts, perhaps? Products

Those belts can be fabricated or sourced through the same folks that build/sell belts for turntables.
Like these:
Turntable belt,turntable belts,record player belt,record player belts,phonograph belt,phonograph belts,electronic belt,electronic belts,audio belt,audio belts
This came from another forum...Google found it:
"
icon1.png
Belt for Wesmar 500ss

I had the same problem, you can buy the exact belt from Pyramid belts. The size of the flat belt you need is .030x.625x26.5", The part number is 83A I spoke with someone named Todd A. Brown @ (614) 792-2405. The cost is about $4.15 each. You will have to find a way to mount the stylis and the pickup to the belt. "

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that, seals deal as far as me dragging the heavy ******* north to Washington and getting online. Many thanks. Bob :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread