What's new

West Point, KY

River Rat

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
20,871
Reaction score
2,539
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
untitled (2).webp​

Above is a rare old scene of the Hardy Hotel in West Point, Hardin County, Kentucky, ca. 1900. Guests were waiting for the train at this railroad hotel which was owned by the Hardy family. The railroad station used by the Illinois Central Railroad and The Louisville, Henderson, & St. Louis Railroad was located across the street from the hotel.​
 
This is awesome :D!!!
I am from Hardin County :)
 
I live in West Point. Thanks for showing this pic.
 
Just down the road from me! Cool picture!
 
Really? Where ya from Lookin?
 
That's really cool. Isn't that where Rhonda's restaurant is now?
 
It's across the tracks from Rhonda's. I can say that the hotel looks exactly as it does in this picture. Hasn't changed in 100 years.
 
Ahhh. I got my buildings mixed up. Now i feel dumb living here and not recognizing the Star. Still great food either way.
 
Last edited:
Sent you a PM Creeker.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom