What's new

Western Cartridge Company 410 Brass

turtlefoot13

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
733
Reaction score
105
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,

I found a Western Cartridge Company 410 brass today. I know, from Cartridge Corner (shaw), that Western was started in 1898 and merged with Winchester in 1932. I am trying to see if I can find out when Western started making 410 shells and if this is an early headstamp. Any help or direction will be appreciated.

The headstamp is very simple. It has WESTERN on the top of of the brass and 410 on the bottom. It also has a ring around the primer. I'm hoping this is an early headstamp. I just need verification.

I have written Winchester Ammunition and am waiting for a reply. Do you have any other suggestions as to whom to contact?

Thanks,
Doug

western410.jpg
 
Wow...I found the same brand 12 cal. shell yesterday in my back yard.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5675.webp
    IMG_5675.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_5675.webp
    IMG_5675.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom