Wet Birthday Slog Through old Woods. Seated, rosey and hammered dime.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1891 was first target. Then wondered around trails digging mostly clad. Accidentally found a geo catch, eventually got on the elusive hammer Roosevelt clad dime... and a silver rosey before quitting. It was 50 and raining 🌧 and just yucky out. But at least I got a few silvers for a birthday 🎂 present.

It's the only site I've dug 5 different kinds of silver dime. Canadian dime, 2 seated dime, 3 barbers, a mercury dime and a 1953 rosey. It deserves more detecting, but maybe when it's not so wet..

Attachments

• 20240510_144551.jpg
    20240510_144551.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 29
OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of site?
Old ex farm fields with long used connecting trails. Some wider than others. The complete opposite end of where I entered on for this hunt there was a home. That end was pretty productive (see my banner post with the cc seated dime). Other end is walk , swing and hope you get a signal. Majority of anything in here tends to be later 1800s to modern coins and clad. The exception being one section of flat buttons, a 1788 hammered on real just like that dime and a 1697 cob half real.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hammered dime is really cool and that seated is pretty. Congratulations!
Thank you. It really didn't sound good. Solid signal but more in bottle cap range. As for date, it's definitely not silver and you can only read a 4 as last digit. 1974, 84, 94, 04 the world will never know.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy Birthday
It's always nice to reward oneself with a hunt-but it takes a little more effort to do it in the rain.
Well done on the silvers, kind of liking the hammered one, as it's just different.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the silvers. I like that Seated.
Thank you. I think with a little electrolysis in my mini cell it will clean up. Just enough to get off the crusty bits by liberty's arm.

Last edited:

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
1891 was first target. Then wondered around trails digging mostly clad. Accidentally found a geo catch, eventually got on the elusive hammer Roosevelt clad dime... and a silver rosey before quitting. It was 50 and raining 🌧 and just yucky out. But at least I got a few silvers for a birthday 🎂 present.

It's the only site I've dug 5 different kinds of silver dime. Canadian dime, 2 seated dime, 3 barbers, a mercury dime and a 1953 rosey. It deserves more detecting, but maybe when it's not so wet..
Good finds.
There is a geocache on the empty block right next door. It annoys the daylights out of us at times with people creeping around looking for it not far from the fence, cars pulling up out front etc.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds.
There is a geocache on the empty block right next door. It annoys the daylights out of us at times with people creeping around looking for it not far from the fence, cars pulling up out front etc.
This one is a pill bottle zip tied to a tree branch with camouflage duck tape and a guest book type sign out sheet in it. Brach has broken and on ground. Hasn't been signed since 2014.. I happened to be dealing with a clad spill and saw the pill bottle. Pretty in the woods.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions