What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not stand to even smell the bottlecap of Southern Comfort, or Gin, it was a long time before I could drink rum again, but I can enjoy it now.

My drink of choice since 1968 is scotch whiskey, I started drinking scotch in 1968 when the colonel I work for in Okinawa took me out one night drinking after we first got there, I was a lowly airman (single stripe) so when he told me he would pay for all our drinks but he only drank scotch, he liked Chivas scotch and I would have to learn to drink it, I thought what the hell that works for me, after my 3rd scotch I started to enjoy it. Back then a mix drink in a club off base cost .35-.50 cents depending on the drink, a beer was 5 cents on base, 10 cents off base. A fifth of Smirnoff vodka was 90 cents, a fifth of Chivas was $1.10, beer was 5 cents a bottle. In my party days I drank Chivas scotch with tequila chasers.

Now, my drinking is pretty mild, at this moment I am enjoying a Baileys Irish cream mixed with club soda over crushed ice.

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only beer for me these days and I enjoy a cold one or two after work or doing yard work.

Too many stories and things I will never drink again.
Just beer for me thanks.

My wife has only drank a couple of times but it doesnt go good with her Cherokee blood and one beer is almost too much for her. She has a sip now and then but stays away from it all for the most part.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gin, I started not feeling well after a long island ice tea, my favorite mixed drink. So I started asking them to subtract/add the liquors until I figured it out. I could have dowsed it but it was more fun trying all the combinations! Now I just ask them to make it minus gin and replace it with more rum and vodka! Good stuff!
Jon 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This takes me back 52 years! I turned 18 while in the Navy and that was the legal age to drink on base. My friends decided to celebrate my birthday by buying a big bottle of Old Mr. Boston vodka and some orange juice. We started drinking screw drivers and some of the guys were smoking. We were in a closed room and when the orange juice ran out we kept drinking straight vodka. They said I was laying on my back throwing straight up in the air so they put me on the shower floor, turned the water on and left me for a couple hours. Finally they put me in my bunk and I passed out.
I had to get up the next morning and go on duty where we were painting the inside of our office with oil base paint! I got the dry heaves and was hanging out a window when the officer in charge mercifully let me go back to my room and sleep it off. I have not drank or smoked since!
I get queasy just thinking about it!

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some kind of Boones Farm wine when we were teenagers. Friends parents were gone and so a party ensued. There was other booze there but that stuff was nasty. Bathrooms were a biohazard the next morning and my friends mom was nuclear over the mess we left.

OH SHEESH ! ! !

Ok... back it up... I forgot ALL about Boones Farm... um yeah that was first !... sheehs must have blocked that one out heh

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:
:occasion14:

laughing11.gif

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow Terry...I don't even know where to begin...:laughing7:

Used to hang out with a pretty rough group when I was 19-22,
and was the "youngun" of the pack. When these guys drank,
it was serious drinkin'. Beer by the truckload, and about as
much tequila. Fun nights, many miserable mornings. alc.gif

Black Russians did me in many a time, and I gave 'em up after
a few extended yakking sessions, hugging that goddess as if
it would have made a difference.

Sambuca, yet another evil liquid, and a Sambuca hangover is actually
worse than a tequila hangover.

Yukon Jack...worth the risk of a hangover! pint.gif

In truth, I've had about two shots worth of alcohol in the past 15 years.
After being diagnosed with Meniere's disease, I learned real fast that
alcohol and caffeine were the two biggest triggers for vertigo attacks.
A vertigo attack could be compared to having that miserable tequila
hangover, and your best buddies strapping you on a non-stop tilt-a-whirl
for a few hours. green.gif

Give up alcohol and caffeine? No problem! Doesn't mean I have to
give up everything, however.. kos.gif

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess at 12 yrs old when the sister-in-law gave me a wooden plaque to hang above the bed with the Serenity Prayer written upon it-it should of been a clue for what was to become a run(s).

26oz of gin during the course of a grade 8 learning-that taught me it wasn't fit for man or beast.
Waking up in the dog house after 28-6oz bottles of Baby duck wine. Upon the waking up it was the left overs, to yellow, to brown, to red. Oh the first few words of the prayer was repeated many times that day.
Having to visit the Corpus Christi emergency for alcohol poisoning but we had 14 off those tall glasses with the nude embossed lady-7 oz you got it free.(Don't know the split between me and buddy)
Rye = head bangers
I guess from trying a many different combos during the years of insanity it came down to the "Bacardi Light" On the runs it would be a 40 a day till the park bench life woke me up again.

Last run was was a 2 week black out woke up in another province after starting with the goodbye celebration in Phoenix Hotel (AZ)-36yrs ago on July 4th the blood runs clean to this day.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dressed up as Uncle Fester for our annual neighborhood Halloween party. The bald wig was a tight fit and felt like I had a giant rubber band squeezing my head all night long. Even had the light bulb that lit up when I put it in my mouth...

uncle fester.jpg

That's not me but you get the idea...

I decided it would be a good idea to mic keg beer with jello shots and Jager. I topped that mixture off with handfuls of chex mix!

My wife got me home somehow and I figured I better not go inside. Instead I layed down in the yard under a pine tree and proceeded to fertilize the tree most of the night. Still had the head crushing bald rubber band on my gourd. When I finally made it inside the much later, my wife said," I bet you'll never dress up as Uncle Festes again. I told her that's the wrong show!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
First year I was married, we hosted a small New Years Eve party with four couples, all close friends in our early to mid 20's. The weather was unusual for North Texas that night, 15 degrees and snowing. Drinks were simple, beer, wine and margaritas (and my big mistake, a small bottle of Everclear to spike the margs).

The first sign of things going south was when my college roommate stumbled outside and knocked the doghouse over, with the dog in it. Found out later he was pouring Everclear into his beer. He ended up curled up in front of the fireplace with the dog blanket and was done for the night

Later, we mixed with another party next door, all guys from the man's work. That's when things really went south. My brother-in-law slapped my sister-in-law because she was paying too much attention to one of the next door guys, and they fought the rest of the night. I started playing strip ping pong next door with my college roommates wife (her idea), which thankfully didn't go too terribly far. My wife's sorority friend from college locked herself in the neighbors bathroom topless and refused to come out. The girl always had a problem keeping her top on. The neighbors party ended quickly when his wife and kids came home after midnight.

The only other situation I recall, was when we found out the three other couples all expected to spend the night in our one spare bedroom. That got interesting. Good news, my wife was still talking to me the next morning.

Sometime late that night, a picture was taken of our group. We were all obviously drunk, but I took the cake. I'm staring up into space, mouth wide open, with my hand on my sister-in-laws boob, totally out of it. Later, I hid the picture in a technical book from college, where it would never be found, and forgot about it. 15 years later at work, I was flipping through the book, now on my office bookshelf, and had to relive the embarrassment again. This time, it went straight to the shredder.

Bottom line, no more Everclear, ever.

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Southern Comfort. Good stuff, but got sick on it in college, and have never been able to drink it since.

Now I stick pretty much to craft beer. Here in Chester County, we have many very nice ones, including Victory, which is trying to expand nationwide. It is also claimed that Phoenixville, the closest town to me, has more craft breweries per capita than any where else. Not sure if it is true, but that's what they say.

Come to Chester County for the craft beer, but leave your machine behind and the silvers for me :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread