What an adventure. 30+ plus days detecting out in the Desert!

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
I spent a bit over 30 days camped out metal detecting in the desert.
I made and broke, 6 different camps, explored a whole bunch of lode mines and detected all new to me ground.
For hunting in Arizona and prospecting new areas, I would say that I did fairly well. At least I paid for gas!
With gas prices so high, traveling in a truck and driving over 2,000 miles, I'm good with that.
All of a sudden, my metal detector starts hitting on targets that turn into gold!
With a 102° fever stumbling around the desert, I found a nugget patch!
Let's finish out this prospecting trip by filling the poke!
Here is the video I made of the trip if you would like to check it out.

Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice VIDEOO camera took a great video. I have two questions for you .What your glucose running out there in the desert. (You was keeping your nuggets in a test strip tube I think ) question 2 is WHY was I not asked to go with you ?

Hidenout

Greenie
Dec 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a bit over 30 days camped out metal detecting in the desert.
I made and broke, 6 different camps, explored a whole bunch of lode mines and detected all new to me ground.
For hunting in Arizona and prospecting new areas, I would say that I did fairly well. At least I paid for gas!
With gas prices so high, traveling in a truck and driving over 2,000 miles, I'm good with that.
All of a sudden, my metal detector starts hitting on targets that turn into gold!
With a 102° fever stumbling around the desert, I found a nugget patch!
Let's finish out this prospecting trip by filling the poke!
Here is the video I made of the trip if you would like to check it out.

Great vid man, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread