What's new

what are these if anything?

mike a

Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20120522_205836.webp



ForumRunner_20120522_205859.webp
 
Upvote 0
mike, they don't look like anything, interesting groove in the white rock though, the patina on the other pc is interesting too. how did you come about having them? you find them or?
 
I found them in a river i was looking for cool rocks and found them. I am going back yo the area this weekend to look some more.
 
The darker one appears to be a prehistoric sharks tooth.
 
They are just highly polished river rocks, and that is not a Sharks Tooth.
 
Megladon!

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!
 
Seriously, I'd have someone take a good look at it before I dismissed it as just a rock. ;)

ForumRunner_20120523_160839.webp

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!
 
Looks like a megladon tooth!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Yeah, a "shark's tooth" :)

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!
 
It does appear to be rock i may have it looked at i found this in the mounains in the ocoee river close to the site of the kyaking part of the olympics in 96. So if it is a sharks tooth it came a long way to be here in tennessee
 
I live in bradley co tennessee it is north of chattanooga wondering if anyone knows any good spots to look for any indian artifacts or any agate maybe?
 
They are petrified. So yes its a rock. They are found all over the world. They have been found here in Kentucky from when the oceans were where we are now. Also the native Americans traded them. Get it looked at by someone who knows. I have had some myself but I just can't tell enough about yours from the photo.

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!
 
Mike I used to find quite a few points when I lived in Manchester.

Sent from a hole 10 feet deep with nothing in it!
 
I went to a place close to here today that is the last council grounds the cherokees had its called red clay it is a state park but you are not allowed to take any artifacts found at all so even if i found anything i wouldent be able to take it :( but on the river i am going to go back to has some history about it so i am hoping to find something there i will post pics of the river there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom