What's new

What coil do you like for the MXT?

leatherneck

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
63
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I am using a standard 9" coil on my MXT. Now that I am down in Florida (the sand state) I seem to be having a bit of trouble with false signals. I will get a strong signal, dig and nothing. Once I disturb the sand the signal goes away. I am thinking I need to go to a DD coil for handling the mineralization (salt) that must be the problem.
Does anyone have any other coils they have used on the MXT that they liked? It doesn't seem to matter if I am on the beach or 10 miles inland.
 
Myself and many others use nothing but the 6x10 DD Eclipse. Of course,I have not detected beach sand.
 
warsawdaddy said:
Myself and many others use nothing but the 6x10 DD Eclipse. Of course,I have not detected beach sand.

+1

A great all-around coil - light weight, plenty of depth,
and excellent pin-pointing.

About half the folks in my club use it. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom