WHAT DETECTOR S DID MINELAB PUT OUT OF PRODUCTION ?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the E-trac is still the top FBS machine. Most recently the Sovereign and Explorer series machines were all that have been nixed.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.... Out with the Sovereign and Explorer only..... FWIW there are still a few Explorers leftover if anyone wants one.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
​I know the Sovereign and the Explore's but did they also put the E-Trac out to pasture also ?
There are many Minelab models that have been discontinued over the years........just like most other brands. As mentioned, there are still a few new Explorers and Sovereigns out there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ETRAC is a top seller so it want be put to pasture anytime soon.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be VERY surprised if they discontinue the E-Trac.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But that is what they said about the best detector they ever made .. The ​Sovereign..
Sales on Sovereign was slipping for years, once it slipped so low unfortunately it was no longer profitable to sale, that is not the case for ETrac, sales are still high....

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But that is what they said about the best detector they ever made .. The ​Sovereign..

sovereigns been around since mid 90's,the market is way past saturated with them..It works that way with anything,sales fall to low to be profitable so its time to promote a gizmo to purge your pockets of money..

Sam Cobra

Oct 22, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stll have my original Quattro. I am thinking about upgrading the original coil to a butterfly coil. A couple of newb questions. For those who own or owned a Quattro, any thoughts on how much better the newer Minelab's are for coin hunting? I am used to my Quattro & all the quirks it has. I usually hunt in all metal mode. Has the technology changed enough in terms of the FBS for Minelab's to make it worthwhile to upgrade to a newer Minelab? Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sales on Sovereign was slipping for years, once it slipped so low unfortunately it was no longer profitable to sale, that is not the case for ETrac, sales are still high....
The reason the sales slipped 2 years even 3 years before they stopped making them the quit advertising them ..They were not in the treasure mags or there buyers guide they sent out .. And i said then 3 years could be 4 years ago that they were going to stop making them…. big every one said no they will never stop making them.. But new ones to detecting knew nothing of the Sovereign for Minelab stopped advertising them..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason the sales slipped 2 years even 3 years before they stopped making them the quit advertising them ..They were not in the treasure mags or there buyers guide they sent out .. And i said then 3 years could be 4 years ago that they were going to stop making them…. big every one said no they will never stop making them.. But new ones to detecting knew nothing of the Sovereign for Minelab stopped advertising them..
Sales were slipping years before they stop advertising them. Personally I think sales dropped because people were looking for units with displays, you know thinking that the displays will tell them when to dig and cherry pick gold...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sales were slipping years before they stop advertising them. Personally I think sales dropped because people were looking for units with displays, you know thinking that the displays will tell them when to dig and cherry pick gold...
Yes that's true … but i am not a fan of displays.. I have a few with display's why because it is hard to find detector's without them now.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes that's true … but i am not a fan of displays.. I have a few with display's why because it is hard to find detector's without them now.

I wasn't totally sold on displays either until I starting using a CTX. It is very nice to have and essential in trashy areas.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need to be a fan, and you don't even have to use them. They are just additional available information should you decide to utilize them.
YOU are still the processor that needs to decrypt the assorted inputs.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a Sov-like detector that has no display, buy an Excalibur. Otherwise, buy a model with a display and put tape over it if it bothers you that much. IMO it can't hurt to have a display. Just one more piece of info to help you decide whether to dig or not.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I stll have my original Quattro. I am thinking about upgrading the original coil to a butterfly coil. A couple of newb questions. For those who own or owned a Quattro, any thoughts on how much better the newer Minelab's are for coin hunting? I am used to my Quattro & all the quirks it has. I usually hunt in all metal mode. Has the technology changed enough in terms of the FBS for Minelab's to make it worthwhile to upgrade to a newer Minelab? Thanks for any help.

I had heard that the new fbs machines have a faster recovery time than the quattro. I have an etrac and I can tell you it is the best machine I have ever owned hands down. Maybe someone else has owned both and can give better insight than I.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread