What's new

What did this solid brass key go to?

Foster

Full Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
130
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbus, ms
Detector(s) used
White's Prism III, White's TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please help me identify what this key went to. ??? It is solid brass with 186 on the end. Roughly 5 1/2" long, and the part that goes in the lock is 1 1/2" wide.
 

Attachments

  • Key.webp
    Key.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Key1.webp
    Key1.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 316
Could be a House Key.

A Friend of mine Lived in an Old Victorian Hotel
for a Year. The Back door opened with a Very Large Sleleton key.
I Didn't measure it but it could have been 5 1/2 inches.

Was the largest one I Ever saw
 
Upvote 0
Could be. The site it came from dates in the mid 1800's. There is no structure still standing, but I have found a multitude of items throughout the years of hunting it.
 
Upvote 0
Could be for a cell door as big as it is. Or possibly a large strong box? I'm just guessing. Monty
 
Upvote 0
I'm hoping to a large, FULL, strong box that is still out there somewhere!!!! ;D ;D ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom