✅ SOLVED What do the initials on this Stand For? Is it a Pin or Button?

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recovered this earlier today(10.05.2017) in Petal, Mississippi and am curious as to what the initials stand for and if it is a Pin, Button, or something else... As always Thanks Y'all...

DSCF8098.JPG

DSCF8102.JPG

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Deftone, Great ID !!
[FONT=&quot] In August 1917 monogram disks with the letters USNG (United States National Guard) and USNA (United States National Army) were approved. The USNG were federalized National Guard units and the USNA were units comprised of drafted soldiers. (These disks were worn on the right side of the collar.)
Don.......[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Seeing the NG my first thought was National Guard. Great info too Mackaydon. Very cool find. HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU! This is now officially my best find from this property...

Deftone, Great ID !!
In August 1917 monogram disks with the letters USNG (United States National Guard) and USNA (United States National Army) were approved. The USNG were federalized National Guard units and the USNA were units comprised of drafted soldiers. (These disks were worn on the right side of the collar.)
Don.......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions