What's new

What do u use for a treasure hunting pouch?

$1.79 Lowes nail bag!
 
I just carry along a little bag to put my stuff in. It's my ditty bag.
 
I have never been too picky about my trash pouch. Nail aprons are old school. I have tried little fanny packs but they look silly and they dont hold up. Nowadays, I am back to the old school nail pouch.....
 

Attachments

  • pouch.webp
    pouch.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 946
I actually use a two compartment backpack to haul everything in. it has two water bottles, and my digging tools and detector fits right inside. You get used to having it on, and when you go hiking to new spots, you can take everything with you.
 
Either the pockets of my jacket or a older Whites three compartment bag.
 
a Hall's ditty bag....holds a lot of junk
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,044
I actually bought a treasure bag from kellyco... :BangHead:
 
I just use my pocket....water hunting I have a shower curtain clip on my hat string for gold rings.
 
I have a White's bag that came with my DFX...I've had to sew closed the bottom of the trash section twice in seven years but my treasure section has never sprung a leak. I also have a pouch that velcros closed for surf hunting that came with the Minelab Excalibur. I have a backup Home Depot nail pouch in the truck but I've never used it.

NJ
 
Troy Headphones Bag
hooked to my Belt Loop.
for Trash, Clad & Relics

Picture 033.webp

Coin Pouch in my Back pocket
for small Keepers.

Picture 035.webp

IF I Forget to take a troy Bag with,

I Use a Nail apron
 
I started off about 3 years ago with a Garrett pouch, but that only lasted 1 year. I went to one of those building and tool supply shops and bought a tool pouch from there. It has lasted 2 years and shows no signs of wear, it has room for all my finds and field tools, my Pro pointer etc. It cost about £8.00 or $12.40. Other detectorists over here use the leather version that costs about $8.00, but it's really what works best for you :thumbsup:

The pic is of the type I use.


hammered
 

Attachments

  • PNO535TX.webp
    PNO535TX.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,147
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a shotgun shell pouch from Cabela's or Bass Pro. It has a spring loaded snap shut top and a very fine mesh body. It is designed to be used by skeet shooters to put their empty hulls in. Loose dirt and such will filter out through the mesh and at any given time you can see through the mesh to find a particular item you might want to get out to show to your hunting buddy. It will also hold a lot of trash you may want to take away from your hunting area. Monty
 
i use a prc 112 radio pouch from a airsave survial vest .50ct at mil surplus store
 

Attachments

  • Picture 239.webp
    Picture 239.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 772
A bag I made from a piece of canvas that I use to store the head phones I use, or the pockets of my pants or jacket.
Nevada Coyote
 
I borrow a bra from my grandma before I go....slip er on.....works better than a nail bag! I can get extras if some of you boys don't have anything to use! Noone will ever know.....unless you get weird about it.....
 
iCandy said:
I borrow a bra from my grandma before I go....slip er on.....works better than a nail bag! I can get extras if some of you boys don't have anything to use! Noone will ever know.....unless you get weird about it.....
?
 
iCandy said:
I borrow a bra from my grandma before I go....slip er on.....works better than a nail bag! I can get extras if some of you boys don't have anything to use! Noone will ever know.....unless you get weird about it.....

This I gotta see.

I use a nerdy fanny pack. Has 2 zippers for 2 compartments. One for junk, one for keepers. Small, light, and sits at the small of your back out of the way. Plus it's a chick magnet. Did ya hear that iCandy? Boom goes the dynamite!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom