What's new

What do you do with old Bumper Cars?

Ray S S

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Yes, these little beasties are street legal. They run on either Kawasaki or Honda motorcycle
engines and co-opt vintage Bumper Car bodies into the most awesome form of mini-car
we've seen in too long.

There are seven of these little monsters floating around California, and they're all the creation
of one man, Tom Wright, a builder in the outskirts of San Diego, who figured the leftovers
of the Long Beach Pike Amusement Park needed a more dignified end than the trash heap.
They were originally powered by two-cylinder Harley-Davidson Motorcycle engines, but they
rattled like heck because of the two cylinder vibration and Tom replaces them with four
cylinder Honda or Kawasaki 750's and a couple have been measured as capable of 160 mph,
which is terrifying fast in machines with such a short wheelbase.

By the way, they are almost indestructible in accidents!
 

Attachments

  • I S 2 LEGL.webp
    I S 2 LEGL.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 316
  • FUNY  WUD.webp
    FUNY WUD.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 739
  • DMV  OK.webp
    DMV OK.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 288
  • ALFA  CAR.webp
    ALFA CAR.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 289
  • I S 2 LEGL.webp
    I S 2 LEGL.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 345
  • I S 2 LEGL.webp
    I S 2 LEGL.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Inner View of I B BUMPN.webp
    Inner View of I B BUMPN.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 319
  • I B BUMPN.webp
    I B BUMPN.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 297
  • HOT  IDEA.webp
    HOT IDEA.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 306
I accidently doubled up on one and missed one, So here is the one I missed.
 

Attachments

  • NO BUMPN.webp
    NO BUMPN.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 316
Very cool :thumbsup: but as far as indestructible...let's give one to my girlfriends 12 year old son and see how long it lasts :tongue3:
 
hello, Tee and Packer, they are cute, aren't they. Thanks for looking.

Hi Savant Well they 'are' made to go Bump. LOL. But.... it might be fun to watch. Thanks
for your reply.

Ray
 
I'll argue about most things American, but the one thing i won't dispute is Americans capacity for ingenuity and flair!
Love these things, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom