BamaBill
Hero Member
- Joined
- Nov 8, 2006
- Messages
- 686
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N. Alabama
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Here in the South our relic hunting season just gets humming this time of year. What types of things do you throw in the car, for just in case (field repairs, first aid, etc.).
The list I came up with includes:
1. Extra Batteries
2. Extra nylon coil bolts and washers for all detector types.
3. Screw drivers (small and medium size) and pliers.
4. Extra Velcro tie wraps and wire tie wraps
5. Duct Tape
6. Band Aids and Neosporin
7. Flashlight
8. Glasses cleaner wipes
9. Scissors
10. 2 Ziploc bags for makeshift environ cover or to put something in
11. Wal-Mart bags for trash
12. Headlamp for hands free lighting
13. Pocketknife
14. Ibprofen
15. Bug spray
The list I came up with includes:
1. Extra Batteries
2. Extra nylon coil bolts and washers for all detector types.
3. Screw drivers (small and medium size) and pliers.
4. Extra Velcro tie wraps and wire tie wraps
5. Duct Tape
6. Band Aids and Neosporin
7. Flashlight
8. Glasses cleaner wipes
9. Scissors
10. 2 Ziploc bags for makeshift environ cover or to put something in
11. Wal-Mart bags for trash
12. Headlamp for hands free lighting
13. Pocketknife
14. Ibprofen
15. Bug spray



That's pretty sweet!! I know what a bug-out bag is, and it's a great preparation concept! There's nothing wrong with being prepared... because if you are and you never need it, then it doesn't hurt anything. BUT, if you DO need it and have it... then you're 1-up on everyone else who isn't prepared. I keep most of my camping gear in my truck also. I've been called paranoid many times... and have been told that I analyze and over think scenarios way too much that I probably shouldn't think about all the time... but I do, and I know what I'll do under almost every circumstance that I can come across. I'm slowly getting the supplies I need. I might not have bunkers full of food & water... though really, all I need are very basic things. I don't "technically" even "need" some of those things if I don't have them. But I will know how to procure ANYTHING I'll need, in order to survive, if things come down to it.
(about 450 miles), then all the way to the hunt site (maybe 25 miles), before I noticed with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, my digger was in my truck in TN.!!
Thank goodness my friend had a spare with him, and was kind enough to loan it to me, without the razzing I honestly deserved! Hope this didn't miss the subject, Bill! I HAD to add it, would've felt guilty not to!










