emilyreagan
Tenderfoot
Hi! Can anyone help identify this rock or its minerals?
I tried to include some close up images. It resembles mostly volcanic type breccia. It has shimmer throughout the black portions, and a crystalline coating. There are several crystal pockets of small crystals. The black portion scratches glass and ceramic and leaves a black streak. The white/orange stained portion also scratches glass. It is not magnetic.
At first I thought it may be a lunar meteorite but after doing some research I’m unsure.
Any info you can tell from the picture is appreciated 🙏
I tried to include some close up images. It resembles mostly volcanic type breccia. It has shimmer throughout the black portions, and a crystalline coating. There are several crystal pockets of small crystals. The black portion scratches glass and ceramic and leaves a black streak. The white/orange stained portion also scratches glass. It is not magnetic.
At first I thought it may be a lunar meteorite but after doing some research I’m unsure.
Any info you can tell from the picture is appreciated 🙏
Attachments
-
IMG_1965.webp2.2 MB · Views: 204 -
IMG_1912.webp2.6 MB · Views: 93 -
IMG_1936.webp1.8 MB · Views: 80 -
IMG_1935.webp2 MB · Views: 86 -
IMG_1956.webp2.1 MB · Views: 76 -
IMG_1977.webp3 MB · Views: 79 -
IMG_1980.webp2.2 MB · Views: 73 -
IMG_1958.webp2.4 MB · Views: 78 -
IMG_1961.webp2 MB · Views: 80 -
IMG_1848.webp2.2 MB · Views: 81 -
IMG_1855.webp1.5 MB · Views: 83







