What's new

What do you think???

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would it be a better idea to call a bunch of local banks and ask if they have half dollars or just stop in?

Thoughts? :help:

Thanks,

$ilver$urfer
 
Upvote 0
I was doing the cold call thing a while ago, but most banks won't hold them for you anyways. I just stop in now, and take what they will sell.
 
I've done calling long ago.. you have to ask how many they have in their vault otherwise the teller just looks in their tray. I haven't done that in a while.. I don't like it because I feel like a telemarketer. I don't like to ask by stopping in bank & doing road trips since it's a gamble whether they have any. Everytime I ask at banks I visit, the answer was always "No". Guess I'm just lazy so I get boxes. Of course, boxes don't yield a high ratio of keepers per roll as do ones from road trips.
 
I just started calling my banks branches and to tell you the truth they have all been really good to me and holding rolls for me =) but I really think it would be bad to call the same branch more then once a week :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom